Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Any recommendations which mat to get?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuphuc
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Any recommendations which mat to get? Reply with quote

My preferences are

I want the mat to be fairly huge ( a must) I cant play small ddr pads because I realize I am only used to the big ones but my old one just ripped and unresponsive so its unplayable now.

ps2 usb and hopefully ps3 port

foam ( a must as well)

non slip of course

lasts long

non expensive but willing to pay 40-100 at most

any tips or recommendation would appreciated thanks in advance
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general consensus is that the Ignition pads have been, and still are, some of the best pads available. In fact, I suggest to everyone that they use these until they're willing to upgrade to a Cobalt Flux or a Blue Shark (the later you can't get anymore).

http://www.guitarherostore.com/Game-Controllers/Ignition-Dance-Pad-5-0-5-Platforms?leadsource=11

It's within your price range and trust me, you will not be disappointed. I don't know if it's a "big" pad or not. Personally, all the pads I've played on seem to be about the same size, give or take an inch or two. It's compatible with PS1 & PS2, but according to the product description, not Xbox 360 or PS3.

If you seem to slide across your room during the course of a song, I'd suggest maybe stapling the back of the pad to a plywood board (obviously, don't staple it through the pad). Or better yet, try getting some grip tape (what's on the top of skateboards) and put them in the corners on the bottom of the pad.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: