Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami DDR Tournament details
 
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
0. PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Konami DDR Tournament details Reply with quote

Konami's US DDR Championship is real, and it is being held at 7 locations across the nation, with the finals in Las Vegas.

The 2009 DanceDanceRevolution US Qualifier dates are:

• Saturday, September 26 at GameWorks in Grapevine Mills, Texas
• Sunday, October 4 at GameWorks at the Shops at Sunset Place in Miami, Florida
• Sunday, October 11 at GameWorks at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio
• Saturday, October 17 at a location to be determined, New York, New York
• Saturday, October 24 at GameWorks at Block E, Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Saturday, November 7 at GameWorks on the Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Saturday, November 14 at GameWorks at 7th & Pike Street, Seattle, Washington.

Good luck to all contestants!
_________________
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
FFMMCLXIV
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally would have driven to Florida for this too. Just no time for it this time of year. Summer would have been amazing. :O

Good luck to everyone that goes. E4.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
giuocob the night poster
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Location: Based on my last known trajectory, somewhere over southeastern Tibet
2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes. And just when I was planning on leaving DDR for good...I think I can stick it out for a few more weeks.
_________________
Anonymous wrote:
I JUST WANTED TO FUCKING TRIFORCE AND YOU CUNTS HAVE RUINED MY LIFE
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Matthew F. Staniecki
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Location: Not having Pain.
3. PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at NY being a "location to be determined". probably due to the fact that there isn't a properly functioning Supernova/Supernova 2 in NYC, and the only working ones are 4-5 hours traveling time from the city. maybe we'll get a new machine out of the deal? lolllll
_________________

ITG Expert Single Avg: 99.57% (Doing big things, baby!)
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
littlekev0
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
4. PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! You got that right! The only supernova machine thats OK is at CF. And one side is a little better than the other, but it is good (but loud in that place). Everywhere else either the machine is off-sync or the pads are garbage. Then ppl wonder why DDR is dying out in NYC, how can anyone play under these conditions? Yeah, it would be nice if we got a new machine out of this. (We still thinking of a sledge hammer for D&B's pads!) lmao!!! Hope to see you soon, Matt...(Yeah, you know who I am) E1.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Brace
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Location: Denver
5. PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for Vegas, but I actually have no idea how I'm going to manage it.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
6. PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlekev0 wrote:
LOL!!! You got that right! The only supernova machine thats OK is at CF. And one side is a little better than the other, but it is good (but loud in that place). Everywhere else either the machine is off-sync or the pads are garbage. Then ppl wonder why DDR is dying out in NYC, how can anyone play under these conditions? Yeah, it would be nice if we got a new machine out of this. (We still thinking of a sledge hammer for D&B's pads!)


haha, I've played on D&B's machine, and was kind of surprised. I don't know how long it's been there, but it's Supernova2! You'd think the pads would be impeccable. Ah well, I spent a good $6 (or close enough to on those cards) just playing all the songs I've never heard before and enjoying the shiny-ness of SN2. This was riiight before I got serious though, so I didn't lament the pad's condition terribly much. It seemed usable to me because of our mall's machine's worse condition. D:

I'd totally sign up for one of these tourneys if I thought I was good enough... and if Miami wasn't so damn far away. Too far to be worth it, really.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
littlekev0
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
7. PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC is gone from the listings...The closest one to NY is going to be at East Hanover, NJ on November 21st.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
MSM2828
Basic Member
Basic Member


Joined: 06 May 2003
8. PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it.

The state of California has almost twice as many DDR machines as the state with the 2nd most machines, Texas, and none of the qualifiers are in CA? The closest one to CA is Vegas? Sucks for people who live in the Northern CA area. They have to fly in an airplane regardless.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
HF230
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Location: Hickory NC
9. PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is because the number of competetive players that are actually really good mainly reside in the east coast/midwest/south area. You really don't hear of a good number of really good players from CA anymore(examples: Updated scores on DDrecall, AIJ, and so forth). Even though you guys have a lot of machines.

This tourney was also put together at the last minute, with no marketing whatsoever so that is prolly another reason. I would also assume if you're in Northen Cali go up to Seattle, if you're in Southern Cali go to Vegas? I'm pretty sure they want to get a area where they can be around surrounding states easier. You can easily counter that with the tourney in TX, and FL though >_<
_________________
Heavy AAA's on Arcade: 464 (6 songs left on Extreme to AAA)

DDRecall (DDR EXTREME SCORES)

CHECK OUT MY DDR AAA Videos updated 09/06/09
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
10. PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed up for Vegas. I hope Gameworks fixes their pads, last time I checked, they have had the most unresponsive arrows in Vegas.

Although looking at the song list, I was a bit disappointed that there's nothing exciting to me thats going to be played on the most recent tournament coming up.
That and no doubles.


Guess I have to play single pad for a month
_________________



Back to top
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
HF230
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Location: Hickory NC
11. PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

results from Konamis regional qualifier in Columbus, OH if anyone cares.

1st- Megamanx (kevin)
2nd- Riodo (kyle)
3rd- JJSZ (jared)
4th- HF230 (me/carson)

Cool stuff that happened during the tourney

MMX AAA's PSMO
JJSZ and MMX have an insane match where it went back and forth with a lot of ties. (Best match in the tourney easily gave Kevbo a run for his money)
I lose to Riodo by 1 great with 2 ties in the match I think?
27 entered
All higher seeds made it to top 8
I took out the top seed (mason who AAA'd the qualifier)
PeopleYouKnow(charles) loses to Riodo by 1great as well

From what I hear the final 4 was the best matches out of all the other regions that have qualified
_________________
Heavy AAA's on Arcade: 464 (6 songs left on Extreme to AAA)

DDRecall (DDR EXTREME SCORES)

CHECK OUT MY DDR AAA Videos updated 09/06/09
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
12. PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HF230 wrote:
results from Konamis regional qualifier in Columbus, OH if anyone cares.

1st- Megamanx (kevin)
2nd- Riodo (kyle)
3rd- JJSZ (jared)
4th- HF230 (me/carson)

Cool stuff that happened during the tourney

MMX AAA's PSMO
JJSZ and MMX have an insane match where it went back and forth with a lot of ties. (Best match in the tourney easily gave Kevbo a run for his money)
I lose to Riodo by 1 great with 2 ties in the match I think?
27 entered
All higher seeds made it to top 8
I took out the top seed (mason who AAA'd the qualifier)
PeopleYouKnow(charles) loses to Riodo by 1great as well

From what I hear the final 4 was the best matches out of all the other regions that have qualified


AAAed PSMO?

I'm definitely not attending now.
_________________



Back to top
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
HF230
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Location: Hickory NC
13. PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenge Chicken wrote:


AAAed PSMO?

I'm definitely not attending now.


You really shouldn't let that stop you from attending. Konami is holding these tourneys to see the turnouts and if it's worth the time to hold national tourneys. You also sound like you are scared to enter the tourney. I can assure you that at las vegas qualifier there isn't anyone that plays there that can AAA PSMO and if they could they prolly don't play anymore.

Ohio had the most number of really really good players to attend the regional so far and is projected to stay that way from people i've spoken too. All the really good players in the nation post on another forum where we have spoken a lot about this tourney. If there is someone out there he doesn't post on the forum.

I can tell you AAA count wise we all have over 300+ AAA's.

Heavy AAA's
Me - 450
Riodo(kyle) - 448
JJSZ - 431
MMX - 325

You also wouldn't expect anything less from the number 1 player in the nation (MMX) on the PSMO AAA.

anyways you should really attend.
_________________
Heavy AAA's on Arcade: 464 (6 songs left on Extreme to AAA)

DDRecall (DDR EXTREME SCORES)

CHECK OUT MY DDR AAA Videos updated 09/06/09
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
14. PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HF230 wrote:


You really shouldn't let that stop you from attending. Konami is holding these tourneys to see the turnouts and if it's worth the time to hold national tourneys. You also sound like you are scared to enter the tourney. I can assure you that at las vegas qualifier there isn't anyone that plays there that can AAA PSMO and if they could they prolly don't play anymore.

Ohio had the most number of really really good players to attend the regional so far and is projected to stay that way from people i've spoken too. All the really good players in the nation post on another forum where we have spoken a lot about this tourney. If there is someone out there he doesn't post on the forum.

I can tell you AAA count wise we all have over 300+ AAA's.

Heavy AAA's
Me - 450
Riodo(kyle) - 448
JJSZ - 431
MMX - 325

You also wouldn't expect anything less from the number 1 player in the nation (MMX) on the PSMO AAA.

anyways you should really attend.


I appreciate the encouragement. I'll put attending into more consideration.

My problem is that I've never played for a score....ever. It sounds like fun, but I'm leery about driving 30 minutes just to get my buttocks kicked for a few hours.
_________________



Back to top
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group