Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

suddenly, simultaneous directions don't work

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p0ison1vy
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: suddenly, simultaneous directions don't work Reply with quote

hi, i bought a standard ddr mat/stepmania pack from ddrgame.com
it worked fine at first, but after a 2 days of playing it lightly, one day it just wouldnèt register simultaneous directions: up/down, left/right. the buttons seem to work fine individually, and i KNOW im stepping at the right time, but no matter what, whenever there's a move of two simultaneous directions, it says "missed".
manually configuring the pad from the control panel, I can see that the computer IS registering multiple buttons, it appears to be a problem on stepmania.

what happened? i dont understand how all the sudden it stops registering this, when before it was working fine, and the buttons still work individually-- im only 125 pounds so i dont think i broke it from too much pressure.
in retrospect, im pretty sure this site ripped me off majorly, and whats worse is that i cant take it back for a refund. is there anything i can do about this?
View users profile Send private message
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have you contacted them? If the pad's within their return/replacement period then fight for your right and get a refund.

Do not buy anything from ddrgame. I never have, don't have first-hand experience, but have read enough times here to not touch their stuff to believe it.

These companies get away with murder! Short RMA times, try to make the customer pay to return something that doesn't work then add insult to injury by trying to charge an RMA fee. I guess they figure people won't bother when they find out how little they'd be getting back.

I use the credit card charge-back on people like that. Send me a prepaid label and take this back as it's only 2 weeks old and doesn't work or I'll just contact my CC and have them handle it for me. I've done the same thing using Paypal.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, this is driving me nuts. I know exactly the problem you're having and I swear the solution is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't think of it.

I would suggest checking the official Stepmania forums here:
http://www.stepmania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I know when I use a PS2 to USB adapter for my pads that I had to tell the driver software to allow simultaneous directional inputs. Look for a similar-sounding option in yours. This basically tells the controller "yes, register down and up at the same time", which is technically impossible using just the D-Pad on a standard controller.

I know this isn't much, but I hope it helps.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: