Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

[DDR Universe 2 Question] Unlocking Oni

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denode
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: [DDR Universe 2 Question] Unlocking Oni Reply with quote

No this is not a thread explaining how to unlock oni (yet).

I've been playing DDRU2 for a while now (my only DDR game) and I have gotten tired of playing expert songs. I've unlocked oni on Entry of the Gladiators and beaten it, but I don't even know how I unlocked it it. (By the way, all of this without the use of a computer or regular Xbox 360 controller. All legitimate footwork for all you naysayers out there)

So my (obvious) question is, how do I unlock oni on a song on Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2?

I used to think it required getting AAA on a song, but on Entry of the Gladiators I only got an A on expert.

Last edited by Denode on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I haven't played Universe 2 on the Xbox, so I might be dead wrong on what I'm saying here.

Most DDR songs don't have an accompanying ONI chart. In fact, even in the more recent AC (Arcade) releases of DDR, only about 1/3 the songs have ONI stepcharts. Perhaps Universe 2 is the same way, in which very few songs actually have ONI charts to be unlocked. I know in Max and Max 2 on the PS2, you could unlock them by beating the ONI courses that had the songs in them (or something like that).

Doing a quick search I found this Game FAQs page which might be of use to ya:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/942056.html

Good Luck.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Denode
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that being true. If anyone can help me find out what songs are oni and how to even unlock oni on those songs, that would be great. The link you posted just explained how to unlock songs, not oni.

Thanks though

EDIT: Apparently you don't unlock Oni, it's just there. It's only on two songs too, Orange Sky and Entry of the Gladiators.

MY APOLOGIES EVERYONE! Have fun dancing!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: