Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

HDTV lag

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellfire45
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: HDTV lag Reply with quote

I am having a technology issue with my DDR. I recently upgraded to a 50" Samsung plasma TV and now it seems like the video is about 1/4 to half a second behind the audio in the game. Of course, this makes the game really impossible to play. Songs like "kick the can" that I might have been getting AA on on expert, I am getting like a C now.

I know there is a lag problem and I'm wondering if anybody has faced this same problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks and please.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome to DDR freak.

I could tell you what the problem is, but it's been an issue since HDTVs have debuted. I suggest looking into the following links to educate yourself on HDTV lag and possible solutions to fix it.

http://hdtvlag.googlepages.com/

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=99U&q=hdtv+lag&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Good luck

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
aegisjester
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought my TV had this very badly, but I just turn it off and back on and the problem's gone. But then I realized that it only happened when I used HDMI cables, so I have no idea what the deal is.
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also a rather severe problem for gamers, especially players of FPS games. This is why some of the most expensive monitors have response times of 2 or 3 ms, and the rest have anywhere between 5 and 15.

For DDR, most home versions have a timing/sync control in the game that you can adjust.
I understand the DDR X cabs had sync issues, which would be caused by this too.
(Stepmania, for example has the option to do Vsync, which will synchronise the game being processed by your pc and the video you see on the LCD)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: