Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What Is The Best Home DDR Experience?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumPanda
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: What Is The Best Home DDR Experience? Reply with quote

I used to be really into DDR back in the 3rd MIX-Extreme days.

I want to get some metal pads to play at home, but I have stumbled across a 3rd MIX PLUS machine which isn't too expensive. I also don't mind tracking down the other mixes so that I can interchange them as necessary.

Which should I go for? I'd only be willing to go for a machine if the experience is much better compared to just getting the best metal pads and playing the home versions.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing beats the arcades IMO. If anything just use the StepMania arcade versions and find the home version packs if you really wanted.

Personally, I like Extreme Arcade the best. The home versions arent too good for me :/

But yeah, get arcade. best pads available too.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having an actual arcade machine in home is far better than buying pads and using your PS2 or computer. The experience is much better with an arcade machine.

I would agree with slvr as well. The Arcade Extreme is probably the best version of DDR you can get.

Getting an arcade dedicab of ITG2 with R21 would be even better in my opinion because you can upload your own songs onto the machine, but it's almost impossible to find ITG dedicabs anymore...

Anyways,
Arcade Machine>Any Home set up.
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get an ITG2 dedicab if you can.. but if not get the 3rd mix for sure.

later if you wanted to you can put a computer inside the 3rd mix and make it into an openITG machine. That way you wouldnt have to swap out boards everytime you wanted to play a different song thats not on the mix currently installed.
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: What Is The Best Home DDR Experience? Reply with quote

What is the best home DDR experience? Custom built pads and a System 573 unit, or Japanese PS2 DDR games with timing hacks. E4.gif
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's just for your personal (meaning you and friends) use, a DDR 3rd+ with a VGA switch to run StepMania is a great option. ITG doesn't really do anything that StepMania doesn't...
goatee_guy
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59254&start=6774

While it's not "DDR" it's "ITG", I think this would be the best "at home experience" minus buying an actual arcade machine... (and I might even debate better than an arcade machine)
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: