Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Open ITG crashing - Almost there though

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Open ITG crashing - Almost there though Reply with quote

OK well awhile ago I was asking about solutions to my crashing problem in Stepmania. I am using a laptop and have it hooked to my LCD now with openITG. I was having lag issues but those have been fixed (The LCD is lagless, where the plasma wasnt). I have no lag now, except Open ITG is still crashing. I had the same problem with Stepmania 3.95 cvs. It's not Rebirth (I took out the vids frown.gif). It will randomly crash during any song and during song selection. The TV is fine, and its not Rebirth, so it must be my graphics card. I can get one this weekend and finally get this over. Does anyone have a setup similar to mine with a computer to tv adaptation? If so what graphics card do you have?

btw: It could be my processor, and I'm not ruling that out, but i don't think so for two reasons. 1: I do not get fps drops when it crashes (its that sudden) and 2: Today it crashed in the middle of determinator.............. on NOVICE! (I'm better than that but it gets my point across) Neither are signs of RAM shortages, still...
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever considering reading the crash log or posting it so someone else can read it?
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
Have you ever considering reading the crash log or posting it so someone else can read it?

StepMania Error wrote:
An error has Occurred

Stepmania etc etc etc

Estimated call stack

Incorrect [file extension] OpenITG-PC.vdi file (build 2573, expected 10) fo..... (ends)

Crash reason:Access Violation

When I click on the view crash dump I get this

Quote:
OpenITG cannot load its crash resource file, and thus the crash dump will be missing the most important part, the call stack. Crash dumps are much less useful without the call stack

Notepad then opens up after clicking ok with the error for not finding the "data/crashinfo-XXXXXXXX.txt file. It asks to create a new one. Pressing OK displays a blank .txt file, and closing does just that

??????????
I guess i need this file for view crash dump. This is so queeeeeeer.

Oh btw the reason this took nearly a month was because everytime it crashed my screen would go white but never display a crash log then i would cntrl+alt+del to get it so yeah. I got lucky this time.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
vyhd
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the crash log data is in "Data" in the OpenITG folder. Check the one with the latest timestamp (which is the last file alphabetically) and post that. It'd be preferred if you file a bug report on SourceForge ( http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?group_id=239714 ); you can upload everything there.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: