Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MOWK's ITG cusom songs tourny #2 Feat. Mandodo - Aug 9

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterWok
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: MOWK's ITG cusom songs tourny #2 Feat. Mandodo - Aug 9 Reply with quote

On Sunday August 9th I will be having my second custom songs tournament at Game World in Edison, NJ! It will be sort of similar to the way it was run last year, only this time will include 37 files. I am hard at work on 32 of them and am overly determined to make the best 32 files I’ve ever made. The files will vary, but for the most part I will be making the fun rather than hard. They will range from no mines to a lot of mines, no crossovers to a lot of crossovers, and everything in between. Mandodo has been so nice as to help me out and supply me with the other 5 files.

-The entry fee will be $10, THIS WILL INCLUDE GAME FEES

-Out of every ten dollars entered, 3$ will go to the arcade. Of the remaining money, the winner will receive 60%, second place will receive 30%, and third place will receive 10%

-Sign up will be BY 11:30 AM, the tournament will start at 12 PM. Make sure you get there early if you want to warm up

-I will handle recalculations/pad misses with the program Jimbo gave me, but they have to be obvious pad misses to be recalculated

-The goal of this tournament is not only to run a good one, but also to create a pack of songs that people will want to play long after it is over. Some (but nowhere near close to all) of the charts will not be 100% sightread friendly. What I have decided to do is keep a cheat sheet with me and tell you everything you need to know about all the songs before you play them (I am “marking” all bpm changes, gimmicks, etc.)

-It will be a sightread for everybody, so that means if your group is up and you are not playing, you must wait outside

-I will provide rides again to anyone who needs them.

-Tournament structure

- There will be 2 qualifier songs, you must be in the top 25 (combined percentage) to qualify and move on to the first round.

-From there we will divide it into 5 groups of 5, each group will get their own TWO SONGS. The top 3 from each group will move on.

-With 15 players left, we will divide into 3 groups of 5. Each group will get their own TWO songs. The top 3 from each group will move on.

-With 9 players left, we will divide into 3 groups of 3. Each group will get their own TWO songs. The top 2 from each group will move on.

-Next it will be 2 groups of 3, each group will get their own TWO SONGS. The top 2 from each group will move on

-With 4 players left, we will divide into 2 groups of 2. Each group will get their own THREE songs. The top 1 from each group will move on.

-Similar to last time, the consolation match will be played before the finals with the same songs as the finals. Each group will get their own THREE songs

I look forward to seeing you all there E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: