Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Would it be a huge mistake to buy a ninja/blade/tx3000/4000?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myydraal
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Would it be a huge mistake to buy a ninja/blade/tx3000/4000? Reply with quote

I was looking at all my options for a pad. It seems that either I dish out a lot of money for a cobalt flux (since blue sharks seem to be nonexistent now), buy a foam pad, or buy a ninja or blade off of E-bay.

I didn't like the idea of spending so much for a dance pad, so that leaves me with the option of either a foam pad or the ninja or blade. The ninja would cost $223 for doubles, the blade would cost $233 for doubles, and foam pads would be about $200 for doubles. So are these mats even worse than foam pads, would it be a huge mistake to buy a pair? What's the difference between the ninja and blade? I can't really figure that out.

Also, what is the sensor mechanism used in cobalt flux anyways?

Please, I've been looking at this stuff all week and I'm completely lost.
View users profile Send private message
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myydraal wrote:

Cobalt Flux uses metal contacts. The arrow triggers when the top piece of sheet metal touches the bottom piece of sheet metal.

I don't know much about these pads, but a lot of people complain about their ebay pads.
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
myydraal wrote:

Cobalt Flux uses metal contacts. The arrow triggers when the top piece of sheet metal touches the bottom piece of sheet metal.

I don't know much about these pads, but a lot of people complain about their ebay pads.

Yeah, I haven't heard a lot of eBay-pad stories that had happy endings. Some people have put theirs through a lot of modification to get them to work well, but I don't know what they modified (I'd guess new plexiglass/sensors).
Something about eBay pads that poses a problem aside from the pads themselves is the mystery surrounding them. They appear under a lot of names and to my knowledge, no one knows where they actually come from. I've heard that the sellers don't always package them well and people will occasionally get a banged-up pad. Seems iffy to me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Ninja pad before, and it lasted me 9 months of very heavy use. I'm talking like 3 hours of ITG daily and like 5 on the weekend (I was obsessed). I got mine from hartsunlimited.com. I don't know if I was lucky or they are actually reliable. Just my two cents.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: