Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Does your Fat get in the way of doing streams or is it..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Does your Fat get in the way of doing streams or is it.. Reply with quote

The footwork?

First: I'm sorry if there's a thread somewhere about this, but I could not find what answers my question.

Anyways,
I'm a 6^1 guy nearly about 190-200 pounds.
When I'm playing songs such as Remember December or The Beginning, I mess up on the streams all the time like my foot gets caught on the inner most part of the sensors and it's like I can't move my foot.

Would it be that or that I'm 200 pounds?
Although I'm 200 pounds, I got pretty good stamina, only thing is the streams mess me up.

Thanks a lot everyone, I appreciate it E1.gif
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
GamesterX23
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean your feet get "stuck" on the center of the arrow or the edge closest to the center of the pad?

If you're playing on an upgrade cab the arrows are probably recessed more. It is a good bit harder, from what I have gathered (only having played on ddr extreme, and a modified ddr extreme), to hit the arrows on a non dedicab since its arrows aren't really recessed much at all.

I don't think weight has anything to do with your problem ,as you're probably 200 pounds of a good mixture of fat+muscle, not just fat.

Its probably something you just have to get used to. Try picking your feet up just a tiiiny bit more or something.
View users profile Send private message
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GamesterX23 wrote:
Do you mean your feet get "stuck" on the center of the arrow or the edge closest to the center of the pad?

If you're playing on an upgrade cab the arrows are probably recessed more. It is a good bit harder, from what I have gathered (only having played on ddr extreme, and a modified ddr extreme), to hit the arrows on a non dedicab since its arrows aren't really recessed much at all.

I don't think weight has anything to do with your problem ,as you're probably 200 pounds of a good mixture of fat+muscle, not just fat.

Its probably something you just have to get used to. Try picking your feet up just a tiiiny bit more or something.

Yeah I meant, stuck. I'm playing on a ITG2 Dedicab, but it's just like either I am not picking up my feet as high or something. I can read all the arrows and such (due to Stepmania) but when I try, feels weird. I'm size 14 if that makes any difference.
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes this happens to me.

What I think you might be doing is not picking up your feet enough - you are trying to shuffle your foot from one sensor to the next. Because you aren't lifting your foot enough, it gets hung up on the edge of the panel and gets stuck for a split second, usually resulting in a missed arrow.

Have you been training with someone who tells you to flat foot? If you are flat footing, your foot is probably moving too far onto the panel (the center of the panel instead of the corner).

For reference reasons, try to hit the bottom arrow with just the heel of your foot instead of your whole foot. Also, make sure that you are hitting the top arrow with just the ball of your foot instead of the whole foot. The left and right arrows will alternate on what part of your foot hits the panel by which foot needs to stay on the bottom arrow.

Take a look at that and see what it does for you!
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
Sometimes this happens to me.

What I think you might be doing is not picking up your feet enough - you are trying to shuffle your foot from one sensor to the next. Because you aren't lifting your foot enough, it gets hung up on the edge of the panel and gets stuck for a split second, usually resulting in a missed arrow.

Have you been training with someone who tells you to flat foot? If you are flat footing, your foot is probably moving too far onto the panel (the center of the panel instead of the corner).

For reference reasons, try to hit the bottom arrow with just the heel of your foot instead of your whole foot. Also, make sure that you are hitting the top arrow with just the ball of your foot instead of the whole foot. The left and right arrows will alternate on what part of your foot hits the panel by which foot needs to stay on the bottom arrow.

Take a look at that and see what it does for you!

Wow nice answer and thanks a lot dude, biggrin.gif
And yeah I think it's because I'm not lifting my foot up that much.
I've just been watching videos of Cali-Mist and such and trying to do the same thing, like I would shadow on my stepmania and try to do it but it still feels weird even though I'm not doing it on a ITG2 machine.

And I am flat-footing. I've never seen anyone in real life, besides do youtube videos, flat footing good so I can't really got a visual, you know?
I also think I'm not going to far onto the pad - it's that I either can't move my feet fast or I'm doing this in an awkard position.

And trying to hit the bottom arrow with your heel is probably the reason I can't do this. I'm not totally sure man.

Ugh.

Thanks a lot!
E1.gif
TheCosmicPope
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best advice I can give you is to watch footwork videos of some of the top players to get an idea of how to minimize your foot movement while still retaining your scoring ability and not getting caught on the brackets.

Generally, if your foot is catching the brackets, you're not lifting it up high enough.
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCosmicPope wrote:
The best advice I can give you is to watch footwork videos of some of the top players to get an idea of how to minimize your foot movement while still retaining your scoring ability and not getting caught on the brackets.

Generally, if your foot is catching the brackets, you're not lifting it up high enough.

Yeah man, now that I think of it, that's the best thing to do. After a couple times of coming back to Roselle, then thinking about my gameplay, it felt like wow, this seems weird that even when I play a song like, "The Game" my foot kinda catches up in the mini stream. And like you said, it's generally not lifting your foot high enough. I'll watch some Cali-Mist footwork videos and I think Flash has something, not sure. Also, this week I'm going to Roselle so I'll try to bring a videocam and record myself and see that I'm not lifting my foot that tiny inch higher.

Anyways, thanks a lot man, appreicate it, E1.gif
E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: