Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution: Volume 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

0. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Dance Dance Revolution: Volume 1 Reply with quote

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/ddr-best-hits-ver-2-on-all-consoles-1357

Has anyone else heard about this? I've always wanted to see a 'best hits'-style collection on PS2.

Thoughts? Song wishlist?

For me I'd probably like to see Dance Dance Revolution (hopefully with both its original oni chart and the 'X-Special' re-stepping) There's probably a dozen more but that's only off the top of my head for now.

EDIT: I did some digging, and I found my list! (Songs I'm hoping make an appearance in Vol.1 or Vol. 2)

1st MIX:
20, November (DDR Version)
Put Your Faith in Me ~Jazzy Groove~

Konamix:
Absolute
think ya better D

DDRMAX:
LttS -True Color Mix-
true... ~Trance Sunrise Mix~

DDRMAX2:
Burning Heat! (3 Option Mix)
Breakdown!

DDR Extreme:
Dance Dance Revolution
Drop Out (From Nonstop Megamix)
V -For Extreme-
Aoi Shoudou/Blue Impulse
Gamelan De Couple
Graduation ~Each Tomorrow~
(Those last three used to be filed under 'Unused KOs, but Konami's been generous since EX2 biggrin.gif)

Crossovers:
Quasar - IIDX 9th
Gradius (Full Speed) - IIDX 10th

Licenses: - (I think I'll include Dancemanias in this too):
Walkie Talkie
BB$ KOGG3

Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
JC_Denton46
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it

The only thing I'm worried about is my Ignition's not working on the 360 or PS3 version (Which I would want, expecting there is DLC)
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've shat myself if this was coming out as the next arcade release (or something similar). But I suppose abandoning all the gimmicks and sad attempts to remake the genre with the recent releases and (hopefully) just going back to DDR's roots will make for an awesome game.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
GERARDAMO
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny that people would complain every year that the PS2 releases would have about 10 repeats in it despite all the new content, and now that Konami's releasing the same game for 4 consoles that may potentially be ALL repeats, everyone shat themselves with excitement.

I mean, it might be good if there's some old licenses in it, but really, what happens if this is just a Naoki-fest?
Contributor
Contributor

4. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GERARDAMO wrote:
I think it's funny that people would complain every year that the PS2 releases would have about 10 repeats in it despite all the new content, and now that Konami's releasing the same game for 4 consoles that may potentially be ALL repeats, everyone shat themselves with excitement.

I mean, it might be good if there's some old licenses in it, but really, what happens if this is just a Naoki-fest?

Well considering some of the more recent songs? And I'm guessing they're going pretty far back for these repeats.

Sure I'm excited, but I'll wait on final judgement till I see a songlist.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no, It's not gonna be a Naokifest. It's gonna be a NaokiDJTakaSotaFujimorifest E1.gif

View users profile Send private message
JC_Denton46
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chennymountain wrote:
No, no, no, It's not gonna be a Naokifest. It's gonna be a NaokiDJTakaSotaFujimorifest E1.gif

Then I will be in love with this game
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, this could be pretty fantastic. I'll totally get it for PS2.

I want Boom Boom Dollar Oni!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
digi162
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's going on all consoles, I wouldn't mind a PSP release along with it riiight.gif

I think this could be good or bad, it just depends on how it's done. If it's just Konamix with +20 more songs, then forget it. I'm hoping for a huge songlist, I really can't see them doing this every year, so it'd be nice to just to get a game packed with over 100 of just some of the best songs.

It would be nice if it was fairly similar to Party Collection laugh.gif
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

9. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine had a pretty good theory on what Konami had in mind for these releases:

DDR: Volume 1 - Featuring songs from 1st-5th MIX
DDR: Volume 2 - Featuring songs from MAX-Extreme

I just hope konami's smart enough to actually do that!
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GERARDAMO wrote:

Because the new content is lacking, and the repeats are usually the same EXTREME - Ultramix repeats every damn time.
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digi162 wrote:
If it's going on all consoles, I wouldn't mind a PSP release along with it riiight.gif

I think we all like the idea of that, but since DDR is technically supposed to be for your feet, that'll never happen(at least, in America)

But hey there's always homeb*cough*
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkTetsuya wrote:
A friend of mine had a pretty good theory on what Konami had in mind for these releases:

DDR: Volume 1 - Featuring songs from 1st-5th MIX
DDR: Volume 2 - Featuring songs from MAX-Extreme

I just hope konami's smart enough to actually do that!

That would be DELICIOUS.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
digi162
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAAAH wrote:
I think we all like the idea of that, but since DDR is technically supposed to be for your feet, that'll never happen(at least, in America)

MEHHH figured if PIU, Rock Band, Taiko, etc. were jumping on the PSP, DDR wouldn't feel so out of place. Konami should try in Japan at least so I can import it haha.

I like the theory about the songs being pulled from 1st-5th mix. There are a ton of selections there to make a decent nostalgic-mix.
AnimaniacZero
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digi162 wrote:
NOAAAH wrote:

MEHHH figured if PIU, Rock Band, Taiko, etc. were jumping on the PSP, DDR wouldn't feel so out of place. Konami should try in Japan at least so I can import it haha.

I like the theory about the songs being pulled from 1st-5th mix. There are a ton of selections there to make a decent nostalgic-mix.

Didn't they have a little GameBoy thingy in Japan way back when, or am I making that up?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DarkTetsuya
Contributor
Contributor

15. PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnimaniacZero wrote:
digi162 wrote:
NOAAAH wrote:

Didn't they have a little GameBoy thingy in Japan way back when, or am I making that up?

They did... 3 main series games, a Disney Mix, and I think OHA-Sta had a port too iirc. Even came with a dancepad attachment for the gameboy color.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any word on achievements/trophies yet?
GERARDAMO
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dara wrote:
so any word on achievements/trophies yet?
Judging by the pattern of achievement difficulty in Universe series, I think I have an idea of how this one might play out.

DDR Volume 1 Achievements:

1. Let's DDR! - Start game (500G)
2. Can I Call You A Dancing Master? - Pass a song (500G)
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. you are supreme-play an expert course
4. fast feet-play a song with bpm over 170
R-Kun
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this will be the first mix since I started playing DDR that I don't plan on pre-ordering, and actually plan on waiting until I see the full songlist before I commit to a purchase.

Not that I particularly think it will be bad based on what we know-We really don't know anything. So I'm not making any judgement calls. However, based on the steep decline in enjoyment I've personally gained from the last 3 years of releases, I can't say I have high expectations.

Things that will make me buy this DDR release?
-A songlist significantly larger than previous years
-A less tedious unlock system
-A good majority of KO's that we havent gotten on a US PS2 release (I wonder if the lists will be different for each system) including stuff from UM
-A license list that doesn't 90% blow (I'm looking at you X)
-And of course, a few good new KOs or crossovers from artists we know and love. Not that I hated the new songs from X, I was just hoping for some familiarity.

On one hand this mix has an advantage for me because it's not based off an arcade version-Therefore, it has no expectations to crush. However, if it's a complete rehash of old content, even if its content we haven't gotten before, I will not be impressed.

There are a lot of games coming out this fall, and I don't have a ton of money. I'd really like to be impressed by this mix, but we'll have to wait and see. In the end, I might end up not buying it simply because I already have so many great mixes to choose from if I want to DDR, and I already have a hard time deciding which to play. E1.gif

Anyway... That's my rant for the year. E10.gif[/i]
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: