Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

cf and carpet

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: cf and carpet Reply with quote

Hi guys well ive decided (after some time) that its time i want myself a cf, however i was told that its no good on carpet as the wooden base starts to CRACK? i was pretty surprised and this made me hesitate in purchasing one, ofcourse i could go out and get like a strip of wood or summin to put underneath but thats just extra hastle and cash..so i wanted to know if its tru that it gets damaged being played on carpet? FYI my whole house is carpet sheeted and it does sink down a bit when pressed with my finger..
so ye just wondering if there are people who do play on carpet and whether its caused any problems or if anyone knows about cf and carpet, thanks!!

summer holiday starts soon and i rly wna play a lot of ddr haha
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CF pads have a tendency to crack down the middle after a lot of use. I suggest getting a piece of 1/4" or thicker plywood from your local hardware store (they might even have extra/scrap they'll let you have for free). Ask them to cut it to 4'x4' and put that down under your pad if you're playing on carpet. This prevents the pad from warping as much as it would on carpet. Plus, you get a sturdier playing surface to dance on. I also added grip tape to the bottom of the pad and top of the plywood so it wouldn't move around. It works great.

P.S. I'm 6'7" and weigh 225 lb. So if anyone's pad should crack, it would be mine.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, thanks i shal get some wood nerd.gif

Quote:
I also added grip tape to the bottom of the pad and top of the plywood so it wouldn't move around

you talkin bout grip tape u stick on a skateboard deck?? if so, interesting..
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: