Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Eat before or after you play?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Eat before or after you play? Reply with quote

It seems like the choice to eat before or after you play varies greatly depending on each player's preferences. I'm posing the question to the community, what's your preferred time to eat relative to when you play DDR?

I have to eat after I play, hands down. If I eat anything more than a powerbar sooner than 2 hours before I play, I get stomach cramps. Probably for the same reasons why they warn you about eating and swimming.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
dara
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats weird. because if i dont eat before i play my stomach hurts..
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIOLOGY LESSON:
You shouldn't play hungry, but you should play after eating a lot. You should eat something small before you play like a powerbar or something like that, otherwise your body will be burning up all the glucose (energy source found in food) and you will starting getting light-headed and stuff.

View users profile Send private message
JC_Denton46
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chennymountain wrote:
BIOLOGY LESSON:
You shouldn't play hungry, but you should play after eating a lot. You should eat something small before you play like a powerbar or something like that, otherwise your body will be burning up all the glucose (energy source found in food) and you will starting getting light-headed and stuff.

So true

I always gotta eat before, or I seriously run out of energy
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same for any kind of exercise.

chennymountain wrote:
...but you should play after eating a lot.

Typo I assume
DahrkDaiz
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat after I play. I try not to eat 3 to 4 hours before playing else I can literally feel myself weighed done from the food. If you're trying to lose weight, however, you don't necessarily need to eat before exercising. You want your body to burn through your glucose first so it can tap into your reserves. If you are able to play quite a few games back to back, your body will start to release endorphins and that will allow you to keep going, even if your body feels tired. Keep in mind, this can't really happen if you're waiting 30 minutes between games.

I generally drink about two glasses of water 3 hours before playing and a sugar free red bull 30 minutes before playing. This allows me to play for about 2 and a half hours straight with very few breaks between games and playing everything from 9 footer doubles, several 10s, non stop and challenge courses and all without bar (don't turn this into a bar/no bar debate, but you can't deny no bar can be more tiring)....

eh, to put it short, I eat after I play. If I eat before, I play worse, especially if it's greasy food.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
It's the same for any kind of exercise.

chennymountain wrote:
...but you should play after eating a lot.

Typo I assume
woops yeah I mean to say, "...but you shouldN'T play after eating a lot."

ranatalus
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i generally play for 3-4 hours at a time so i wait until afterwards; if i am there all day then i will eat sometime around 5-6 hours in, then take it easy after that.

during tournaments i do not eat until i am eliminated/will have a 2 hour break or so until my next match
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to wait at least 2 hours after having a meal before I play.

Immediatly after playing I'll normally have a glass of V8 and water as I cool down? And eat sometime after that.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd eat fist, then wait an hour or less and start playing. Usually I go on a bike ride after I eat and head out to the arcade.
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
reggiezcdohc
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i eat first before i play so i could use the energy from the food, then after i play, i drink alot.
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i eat between songs lately, but just a bite or 2... and drink lots of red bull
supergamer
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer eating after playing DDR. If I eat before I play, I would actually do worse even if I eat a small sandwich. It really depends on your mood too. Eating sort of make me want to sleep and focusing is not really possible. I'm much more focused if i'm hungry. Its like the theory of hunters. A hunter will be more focused on hunting when he is hungry when compared to when the hunter is not hungry. It boils down to this:

The more hungry you are, the more focused you are at doing a task. Given the fact that you will be filled up after the task.
iemaxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i dont eat alot before i play ddr because one time i got cramps, also it really doesnt effect on how much i eat.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: