Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guitar Hero arcade version is horrible

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireyhope
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero arcade version is horrible Reply with quote

1. Very Limited Songs Less Than Half songs then GH3
2. Absolutely no Bonus songs
3.No Whammy Bar
4. 1 dollar standard for 1 song 2 dollars for premiums
5. alot of the premium songs are on the console version such as "knights of Cydonia"
6. outdated GH3 graphics(don't know why they decided to go with the ugly looking singer skin and outdated graphics GHWT having better graphics and better gaming and graphics engine)
7.GH2 controller (i have no idea why they couldn't use the updated GH3 controller)

GH arcade sucks monkey balls.

that was pretty much my experience with the first and only GH arcade version i have seen.
View users profile Send private message
Nathan.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're horrible.
fireyhope
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate. wrote:
No, you're horrible.

really? wow ever been on the top 10 scores on the leaderboards for any GH game? I doubt it.

I have been on atleast 2. Thankyou very much.

If you're trying to say i misspelled or used the wrong words, you are wrong, you don't say you're Guitar Hero machine is horrible you say, The Guitar Hero machine is horrible.

Which makes more sense since i'm not talking about the company but more-so the fact that the machine itself is horrible.

I guess you failed to understand that. Maybe you should go back to gradeschool.
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the misfortune of playing this as well, and heres my impression.

Pros
1) The songlist is short, but the last tier has a few awesome songs.
2) The cabinet itself was nice, I liked the LEDs, the display looked pretty good, and the sound quality was great. The guitars also worked very well and felt a lot like the guitar freaks arcade controls. I'm guessing this has something to do with konamis involvement?
3) Ranking system is pretty cool.

Cons
1) The songlist is really short. Like, 50 songs short. That's ridiculous. I have rock band 2 with around 200 songs on it. I don't get why I even bothered.
2) The game is guitar hero 3 with a few exclusive songs. Seriously, they did hardly anything besides change the menus around.
3) AV lag, and lots of it. It probably has something to do with the monitor lag, but this game has TONS of AV lag, to the point where its almost hard to play. Seriously, I don't know if the arcades can change this or not but really, when you're paying $10,000+ for this cabinet it should come synced properly with no AV lag.
4) No whammy bars felt weird, but it was understandable.
5) Premium Songs=Bad idea. As stated before, my arcade had them disabled but still, paying $2 to play one 5 minute song? My local arcade has a perfectly good DDR supernova for 50 cents for 3 songs...don't know why i'd ever play this.

So overall, the guitar hero cabinet is nice, the game just sucks and the AV lag is awful. Avoid this game. Play anything else at your arcade, GH arcade is awful.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
JedlyDDR
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireyhope wrote:
Nate. wrote:
No, you're horrible.

really? wow ever been on the top 10 scores on the leaderboards for any GH game? I doubt it.

I have been on atleast 2. Thankyou very much.

lol who cares
inflated ego much
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: