Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How can I stop my cobalt flux from moving around?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: How can I stop my cobalt flux from moving around? Reply with quote

I have been having problems playing my cobalt flux on hard wood floor. It always moves around. It's not like it severely moves around, but it turns while I play. I start with the paid facing straight and my pad has turned like 15 degrees by the middle of the song and I misstep. I put the anti- slip material on the bottom. I put it on the four corners. I heard it works better on the edge of each arrow, but it is too late for that. What is a way I can stop it from slipping? I can't put carpet on the floor, or do a plywood mod, or anything like that. If I put tape on the bottom and around the sides of the pad will it work? I play 9-12 footers mostly. Any kind of fast jumps that are UR then LD will move my pad and any fast streams that aren't trills. Any help would be appreciated riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Weston
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some rug grip material at Wal-Mart that comes in a roll. There's the sticky kind that comes in 3 inch strips and then there's a more rubbery one that spans the length of a rug that is meant to hold - of course - a rug to the floor.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll notice that some rugs have that grippy rubber on the bottom. Find a rug twice the size of the pad, fold it in half so you have rubber up and rubber down, and there you go. A slide free surface. That's what I do.

Last edited by DAVE101 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Nicknicholas
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks guys. I will try to get some, but can some duct tape covering the bottom and sides achieve the same effect?
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duct tape might work but it would gunk up the bottom of the pad and your floor. The work of cleaning up the tape gunk makes a rug mat the better choice IMO.

Also, if you don't leave your pad out all day, every day, it is probably more cost-effective to go with the rug mat rather than going through countless rolls of duct tape?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: