0. Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am Post subject: Guitar Hero arcade version is horrible
1. Very Limited Songs Less Than Half songs then GH3
2. Absolutely no Bonus songs
3.No Whammy Bar
4. 1 dollar standard for 1 song 2 dollars for premiums
5. alot of the premium songs are on the console version such as "knights of Cydonia"
6. outdated GH3 graphics(don't know why they decided to go with the ugly looking singer skin and outdated graphics GHWT having better graphics and better gaming and graphics engine)
7.GH2 controller (i have no idea why they couldn't use the updated GH3 controller)
GH arcade sucks monkey balls.
that was pretty much my experience with the first and only GH arcade version i have seen.
I had the misfortune of playing this as well, and heres my impression.
1) The songlist is short, but the last tier has a few awesome songs.
2) The cabinet itself was nice, I liked the LEDs, the display looked pretty good, and the sound quality was great. The guitars also worked very well and felt a lot like the guitar freaks arcade controls. I'm guessing this has something to do with konamis involvement?
3) Ranking system is pretty cool.
1) The songlist is really short. Like, 50 songs short. That's ridiculous. I have rock band 2 with around 200 songs on it. I don't get why I even bothered.
2) The game is guitar hero 3 with a few exclusive songs. Seriously, they did hardly anything besides change the menus around.
3) AV lag, and lots of it. It probably has something to do with the monitor lag, but this game has TONS of AV lag, to the point where its almost hard to play. Seriously, I don't know if the arcades can change this or not but really, when you're paying $10,000+ for this cabinet it should come synced properly with no AV lag.
4) No whammy bars felt weird, but it was understandable.
5) Premium Songs=Bad idea. As stated before, my arcade had them disabled but still, paying $2 to play one 5 minute song? My local arcade has a perfectly good DDR supernova for 50 cents for 3 songs...don't know why i'd ever play this.
So overall, the guitar hero cabinet is nice, the game just sucks and the AV lag is awful. Avoid this game. Play anything else at your arcade, GH arcade is awful.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum