Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Fixing an old pad, or buying a used one?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NPVinny
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Fixing an old pad, or buying a used one? Reply with quote

Right now I have a broken Vortz metal DDR pad. I had it for about a year before a couple of arrows started acting up. My roommate took it apart to readjust the the contacts. Of course, after he does this he tells me that he believes the pad was spot welded together, so all he manages to do is tape it up.

It works, but there are major delays between stepping on it and it registering. That could be fixed with the global setting in Stepmania, but now there's another problem. A few weeks after he "fixed" it, the control box broke. Like, physically broke. It was only the pins I think that broke, but I assume I'd have to get a new one regardless? I don't know.

Anyway, I've been looking at the marketplace here and inquired about one of the CFs that was being sold. I can snag that for $185 shipped, and of course I'm assured that it works perfectly. I'd assume that if it does indeed work that it's going to be more reliable than my Vortz, which I can at least sell for parts.

I have the money for it, no problem. I just need some final convincing before I pull the trigger.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People say that nearly any problem with a CF can be fixed simply by cleaning it. However, I bought mine used and after less than 2 months of game play I have ghost triggering issues. I'm still working on the cause though.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: