Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A question about M dawgs ITG 2 pc

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MostlyHarmless-
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: A question about M dawgs ITG 2 pc Reply with quote

So i just got my two cobalt fluxes in and I tried them with m dawgs itg 2 pc and it didn't work so well. There seems to be major issues with the timing windows. Is there any way to accuratley adjust the settings to using a dance pad seem more realistic like the arcade? and if so, how? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timing is a very vague term when referring to stepmania. What timing issue are you talking about?
TheEnemy287
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know alot of people have issues with the timing when using OpenITG...

Have you tried using the global offset fix? Just turn it on, and play, and it should fix itself. I dont remember what key it is... something like F5 or F6 or around there.

At least, I know there's one on stepmania. If not, you have to do it manually until the sync is right. It's a hassle, but it'll fix it eventually.

I had a hard time getting the timing fixed when I got it as well. Eventually I just gave up and went back to SM 3.95 with an ITGhax theme. works for me.

*scratch* I need it...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MostlyHarmless-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the auto sync and i got this message. "auto sync can not be applied deviation is too high." Not so sure what that means, but as for the timing issues I have, i just get really random and off sync judgements. Like I can come close to tri staring things on itg ps2, but on the same song in itg pc i'll play the same song with the same pad and get like a B+ or A- It's really absurd. Can you link me to stepmania 3.9 ITG theme that works well with a dance pad?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
TheEnemy287
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play with a pad... so I dont really know much about how they work with Stepmania, or anything like that.

Alot of ITG themes arn't very good, the best one I've found is ITGhax, that works with 3.95, and not 3.9.

if you go to www.stepmaniathings.com they have alot of stuff on there, you might find something you like.

If it's telling you the deviation is too high, that means it's way off sync. Try adjusting it manually to get it closer. Look to see if your arrows are early or late, and adjust accordingly. Early judgements mean the song is synced late, and late judgements mean it's synced early.

Once you get it closer manually, the auto sync should work.

*scratch* I need it...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a pattern with your judgements? Are they mostly late?
TheCosmicPope
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A question about M dawgs ITG 2 pc Reply with quote

MostlyHarmless- wrote:
So i just got my two cobalt fluxes in and I tried them with m dawgs itg 2 pc and it didn't work so well. There seems to be major issues with the timing windows. Is there any way to accuratley adjust the settings to using a dance pad seem more realistic like the arcade? and if so, how? Thanks.

Your adaptor?
View users profile Send private message
MostlyHarmless-
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No adaptor. Direct usb plug in from control box.
MostlyHarmless-
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just trashed m dawgs version and got 3.95 w/ itg theme hax. My last question is, can i find the arrow metal skin for this version of 3.95?
TheEnemy287
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to. I use cel myself, I think i found my noteskin on stepmaniathings.com (again).

Check it out, make sure it's compatible with 3.95.

*scratch* I need it...
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you alter anything after you downloaded it?

If you are going to alter the (for instance) noteskins or the interface, I would just use SM 3.95 for that.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: