Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How recessed are pad arrow buttons?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGRemakes
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: How recessed are pad arrow buttons? Reply with quote

I've seen this question asked in many places, but to my knowledge, I have never seen an answer. If there is one, please direct me. Maybe this can be added to a FAQ section? How recessed are the arrow buttons on a DDR/ITG pad?
View users profile Send private message
TsukiyoX
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hai CG Remakes!

Until an answer is brought up, I'll be happy to take a ruler and measure the distance on how reccess it is because I would like to know also. I know for a fact the Afterburner is more recessed and I'll also measure that for you very soon.
TsukiyoX
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I came back. For anyone who would like to know, I measured .2 inches from the glass to the top of the metal panel, which is basically not a big difference but enough to let you know what you're stepping. For those of you who wants to know about the Afterburner, it's a little more and you'll DEFINATLY know where you're stepping.

Last edited by TsukiyoX on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total
CGRemakes
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's slightly less than 1/4" inch down (somewhere around 3/16")? Is that for the arcade DDR pad? Or is that the arcade ITG? I hear ITG has a little larger recess than the DDR. That would be great to get the Afterburner as well. Is the recess too great on the Afterburner? I could see how having too big a difference might make it harder to slide your feet.
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SN dedicabs and up are similar to ITG2 dedicabs in terms of panel recession.

Older ddr machines' arrows are more recessed.
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Afterburner's recession is more than *any* other machine and metal pad that I have ever played on.

It's too recessed for me, and you definitely would have trouble bracketing on the AB. (the easy fix is to just get some thin lexan panels and use them)
Also, using the lexan panels would prevent the cheap buttocks plex from cracking.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How recessed are the arrows on the Cobalt Flux w/ clear arcade mod? More or less than the older AC machgnes? More or less than the Afterburner?
View users profile Send private message Send email
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxx freak wrote:
How recessed are the arrows on the Cobalt Flux w/ clear arcade mod? More or less than the older AC machgnes? More or less than the Afterburner?

Slightly more than arcade but less than afterburner.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: