Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Bunch of random ITG questions......

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyChemicalRomance
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Bunch of random ITG questions...... Reply with quote

Ok, I just got into ITG about a month ago, and as I'm becoming more and more obsessed with it a couple questions(ok, more then a couple) have come up.

1. Whats a dedicab? I've seen threads all over the place mentioning them.

2. EDIT: Oops, didn't realize this question was against the rules.

3. About usb drives. If I want to play other songs on an ITG machine do I just put the songfiles on my flashdrive then plug it into the machine? or is it more complicated?

4. ITG for PC. Is it still possible to get it? I recently downloaded the demo from stepmania.com and i think its pretty cool. Much nicer then stepmania. Or is there any ITG themes i can download for stepmania?

5. I've heard people mention certain songs that I can't find on any of the ITG songlists or in any ddr mix. Are they just well know simfiles created by random people? A few i've heard of are Strange Program, Uber Rave and Quasar. Also, I hear people talking about 14+ footers, are all of those player made?

Thanks, that's all I can think of now, I'll probably think of a few more once i hit the submit button E10.gif

Last edited by MyChemicalRomance on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'm probably going to state this incorrectly so bear with me. Some ITG machines were actually DDR machines with the ITG engine inside of them. Any machine that is a true ITG machine (instead of being a gutted out DDR machine) is a dedicab.

2. You're in the wrong place to be asking about stuff like that. Not to mention it's kinda against the rules here 'n stuff. I know what you are talking about though, for what it's worth. You just cant ask people like me about it here though.

3. You need a song. This song needs to have steps in it. If you can play it in Stepmania, you can play it in ITG. You need to get a USB stick and put it in the ITG machine port. Once you do that, the machine will autosave a bunch of data to your USB drive. Once you got that, you can put songs in there (and edits to official songs). If you are playing on an R23, make sure the song is under 2:15 or you might run into problems.

4. Look around. I guess the old "Google it" staple never hurts.

5. Tell you what - just PM me.
View users profile Send private message
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions. You should check out http://rhythmatic.net/phpBB2/index.php
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, edited out question 2.

Thanks guys, that explained alot!
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N8 handled most of it, but here's some additional info:

Dedicabs are physically different than DDR cabs, that is why there is the need to differentiate the two. Dedicabs were made by Andamiro.

You do not need to put your card in a machine before you add songs. You can simply make a folder on the USB stick called "In The Groove 2" and then make a folder inside that called "Songs". Copy the folder with the song files into the "Songs" folder (so that each song has its own folder in the "Songs" folder). Then you can put it in a machine and play them.

Note that the song (the .ogg file itself) needs to be under 5MB in size or the machine will not play it. Also, on an r21 machine it must be under 1:45 in length or ogg-patched. As you can see, its rather complicated, you can read about it on Wikipedia on the ITG2 page. The ogg patch is available for download somewhere online, not sure where. Also, hacked ITG2 machines are often set to play songs of any length.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification about the songs, it's a relief knowing I won't have to make multiple trips before I can play my songs.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: