Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Positive Gaming Store?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkanoid0
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Positive Gaming Store? Reply with quote

Positive Gaming has been making some new stuff lately, most notably the iDance fitness thing. and they have made a metal PS2/PC/XBOX pad!
http://www.positivegaming.com/index.php?id=35
anyone know where to buy one?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they start selling them in the US, make some big changes to the pad and bring the cost down, I don't know that you'll be seeing many of these around.

I had the opportunity to try one of these out. My impressions:

a) the pad is not metal (the body of it), it's some type of plastic which I'm guessing is part of the reason it's nice and lightweight (a good thing imho) - also how they were able to get the handles in there (also a very good thing). If you look closely at that picture you'll see a lot of small silvery "dots" - those are actually screws that screw the top and bottom of the pad together. They're pretty flat, so that's not a problem. That the pad is a plastic material means it's a huge dust magnet.

b) the arrows are VERY recessed, not that large and imho fairly spread apart (I believe it would be difficult to "bracket" on this pad). There's also no "give" to the arrows. Not that you want them bending or creaking or whatever, but for me, it was like stepping on the balls of my feet on cement - the feel in general is nowhere near an arcade machine.

c) from what I could see there is no way to mod the pad (i.e. make the arrows less recessed, etc.)

d) it's kind of ... insensitive, especially in the corners

e) re: the recessed arrows - you almost have to play on the balls of your feet. If you're a flat-footer I don't think this would be the pad for you

f) the price? I was told a distributor price would be around 400 EU + shipping which is almost that much more; retail is closer to 700EU + s/h

Take a look at the photo gallery for the pad, and look at the second picture - that shows more, imho, how far apart the arrows are but none of the pictures show just how truly recessed they are or how much smaller the bottom SS contact is than the underside of the arrow. Yes, both contacts are SS, that's something!
View users profile Send private message
Shuma Gorath
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, the website has really cool videos, you should check them out ;D
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get the distinct feeling I'm being advertised to?
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discoman wrote:
Why do I get the distinct feeling I'm being advertised to?

laugh.gif That was kind of the same feeling I had, specially reading Shuma's post!
Arkanoid0
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't mean for the post to sound like that, sorry, I'm just happy that positive gaming is doing something again.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkanoid0, I didn't think that about you ... advertising. It was the other new person's post that made me go, hmmm. And DDRFreaks is listed in their "community" section so not real surprising if someone from there signed up here!

I really think? they're targeting schools, gyms, that sort of thing, especially with the iDance multiplayer system. They have, but don't seem geared toward the individual/home user.

Add to that the cost, they really ARE super expensive. I don't know about their soft pad, didn't try that, but well, you can see what I thought of their Impact Arcade pad above. Definitely got some ideas, but definitely NOT worth the money.

As far as videos, etc., it'd be nice to see them update them and if it's iDance they're going to push, then put up videos of the iDance system, not old videos from '07 and early '08 when they were recommending and showing people playing ITG.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty crappy to me. $1000 for that? No thanks. :/ If anyone ever wants to buy one of these, don't. Instead, give me $1000. I'll hire a team of hairdressers, show them how to build DDR pads, and have THEM build you a better pad. They'll also include a free haircut.
dasbacon
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump..

Two things I wanted to mention..

I dunno who Shuma Gorath, but they are not associated with PG. PG does not do viral marketing..

Second is that iDANCE Multiplayer and the Impact platform are both commercial products for the time being. The only consumer product is the Impact Soft Pad.

Cobalt Flux also has commercial products for the same market as iDANCE Mulitplayer that also seem highly priced: http://www.start-a-cmotion.com/gear-details/cmotion-platform-6ex.php http://gophersport.com/products/item_detail.cfm?item_id=4521&Ne=1000&N=1131

Hopefully this clears up some confusion.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: