Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG2... Dead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: ITG2... Dead? Reply with quote

So, I finally wanted to place top 10 in the world for ITG, with great dedication now. But, lots of people are saying it's Dead? Is that true? I mean okay, now people can pass Strangeprogram on foot and Vertex BETA, etc. Is it? I kinda get down on myself because I see ITG is a great game to get movin and not sitting next to the xbox all day... I wish I was a little older so I can live the moments of going to the sweet tourneys and hangin out with Lil Q and such. Meh... Someone tell me what's really up, thanks a lot everyone.
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Aoreo
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is not dead.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mb41186
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ITG2... Dead? Reply with quote

aLmir wrote:
So, I finally wanted to place top 10 in the world for ITG, with great dedication now. But, lots of people are saying it's Dead? Is that true? I mean okay, now people can pass Strangeprogram on foot and Vertex BETA, etc. Is it? I kinda get down on myself because I see ITG is a great game to get movin and not sitting next to the xbox all day... I wish I was a little older so I can live the moments of going to the sweet tourneys and hangin out with Lil Q and such. Meh... Someone tell me what's really up, thanks a lot everyone.

its not really dead, I would say probably people don't have as much access to the game since its such a rarity now that they can't make cabinets anymore.

then again people are just getting lazier =P
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh that's maybe why.. I just thought it's really dead because lots of people on ITGFreak say that. I do know, is it for the lol's? Who knows..
But do you think it's worth trying to get top 10?
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
gypsyboyPS3
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is not really dead. People say it's dead because it's hard to find. there are only so many ITG machines, i've been to atleast 30 arcades/movie theaters and i've only seen 2 ITG machines. and 1 of them broke down.

and to add to that. DDR is more known. and has some of the best songs on it (not meaning steps)
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Konami sue Roxor because of somethin? Is that why there not making ITG machines anymore? At least I think..
E1.gif
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aLmir wrote:
Didn't Konami sue Roxor because of somethin? Is that why there not making ITG machines anymore? At least I think..

yup you're right. Konami has Intellectual property rights (they own ITG)
Roxor is not gone, though. The only thing they lost was ITG. They still do other stuff.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recoil56 wrote:
aLmir wrote:

Roxor is not gone, though. The only thing they lost was ITG. They still do other stuff.

Aww man.. Why did they lose ITG?
E1.gif
gypsyboyPS3
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aLmir wrote:
recoil56 wrote:
aLmir wrote:

Aww man.. Why did they lose ITG?

Ever play on a upgrade cab? they didn't get permission to do that... (i think)
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I played on a dedicated cab at Roselle, IL, Brunswick Z. There were no custom songs or anything and pads were PERFECT. But 45 minutes away from me :[
E1.gif
mb41186
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aLmir wrote:
I'm pretty sure I played on a dedicated cab at Roselle, IL, Brunswick Z. There were no custom songs or anything and pads were PERFECT. But 45 minutes away from me :[

lack of machines and dedicated players are the reason like I said.

In your case you have to drive 45 minutes to get to a machine. If that were me i'd probably go maybe once a month if I had the time.

and even that doesn't give you enough time to try and get better when you hardly have access to something.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah.. And my dad won't drive me there, leave me there, drive back home, then I call him to pick me up again. It's too much of a long drive. Man.. maybe I should re-consider what I'm gonna do.
E1.gif
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, come to Philly! ITG is not dead, we have an ITG2 cab and there's almost always people playing. I mean the serious and seriously good players.
View users profile Send private message
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:
Aww, come to Philly! ITG is not dead, we have an ITG2 cab and there's almost always people playing. I mean the serious and seriously good players.

Haha, I wish. I talked to Flash and I'm gonna ask em if he wants to go on a RoadTrip. Man, playing ITG with that guy would be the best weekend ever.
E1.gif
HeavyD2
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Mishawaka, IN we have an upgraded ITG2 Gold, with all the extra songs and such, and the pads are pretty good.
View users profile Send private message
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See again, that's a little far :[
Although, would be awesome for a Road Trip.. Which I love to do E10.gif
E1.gif
GF.Xyton
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedEagleeeeeee wrote:

Konami claimed they found a Dance Dance Revolution Code in Roxors ITG program and they proved it. So they sued Roxor
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awh, that stinks... A lot..
E1.gif
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toxyn wrote:
Konami claimed they found a Dance Dance Revolution Code in Roxors ITG program and they proved it. So they sued Roxor

This is false.

The lawsuit was over intellectual property and violation of Konami's hardware patents.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Groove is dead, both as a franchise and as an ongoing series. The community will deny this up and down because hacking machines to put on Basshunter and STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM while turning the theme into a green color = BRAND NEW SUPER-OFFICIAL GAME to them.

What was left of ITG3 went into PIU PRO. Go play it, it's by most of the same team and aside from the 4-5 panel conversion it's essentially the same.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: