Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux screw problems

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arzadthered
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Cobalt Flux screw problems Reply with quote

Hey guys, my Flux has a bit of a problem. One screwhole on my pad base is stripped. The screw itself isn't stripped; the sorrounding wood it's supposed to go into is stripped. The screw won't screw in tightly now and it keeps on "turning" no matter how many times you tighten it.

How do I make it so the hole will hold the screw again? I don't know what kind of wood Fluxes are made of or anything, let alone know much carpentry.
View users profile Send private message
devout
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a bigger screw.

Almost-finished non-Stealth homepad for sale, just add sensors! see here: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8921579#8921579
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also try the non-permanent loc-tite (i think its blue, NOT red)
loc-tite is for metal stuff, so i'm not too sure how itd work

another option might be to try to fill the hole with wood filler, then drill a small pilot hole for the screw, and then screw it together
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what people do with their guitars. Cut up some wood chips off something with a knife, stick them in the hole, and then put the screw into the hole.
Works absolute wonders.

If it's going to have stress on it,you might want to put some glue in the hole, then the wood chips, let it dry, and then stick the screw back in. I've had to do that for my guitar's input jack before.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: