Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Anybody have a Trinpad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkanoid0
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Anybody have a Trinpad? Reply with quote

I was looking around the net, and found Trinpad. I am considering buying one, and would like to know how good the quality is, Etc.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you're in the US, unless you want to spend as much (at least) on shipping as the pad, forget it.

I actually wrote to them, asking about the pads, if they shipped to the US, if they had any plans on making a PS2/USB version (I play on PS2, not my computer).

Martin wrote me back, here's a couple quotes from his email:

Quote:
... please check the postage fees to USA first. The fee is about the same as price of the dance pad and I can't do anything about it.

and re: making a PS2 version, etc.:

Quote:
> I know there are converters for Playstation2, but those are PS2 TO > usb, there is nothing that works the other way around (i.e. usb to PS2 > controller).Yes, that's the problem of closed specifications. You see, I could just read usb standards, buy a microchip with usb support and program the firmware. Connect to PC, voila it's working. I cannot do anything like that with ps2 as I'm very low on volume. So far I've produced 50 pcs (and the price of the materials nearly bankrupted me :-) ).But don't give up. There's always a way. One way would be to disassemble an old ps2 controller and wire it to my dance pad (it is made to be easily modified). It would be similar to many home made pads, but there wont be any hard work involved. If you know some electronics-educated person ask him/her about it. This is the only way I see you could enjoy this quiet and comfortable dancing.Other way can be, that I would buy some ps2 controller and do the wiring for you. But that's custom work I would want to be paid. Also I read something about EU ps2 controllers not being compatible with the US ones (just a rumor I read).> > Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you.So that's about it. I hope I didn't dissapoint you too much. Cheers, Trin/Martin

After someone showed me the Trinpad, my first reaction was Eh. Why? because it didn't look like what a metal pad "should" look like. Hindsight being 20/20 and the person who was going to try to build something similar but for PS2 now can't, I'm like ARGH. It's actually rather ingenious, it's lightweight, uses SS contacts (I'm pretty sure?) and ... it's QUIET, could play barefoot or in just about any shoes, not disturb the family/roomie/neighbors - at least not as much?

Anyway, bottom line, if you're in the US, this pad with shipping will cost you well over $400.

Hoping against hope that someone in the US will pick up on this and contact Trin or ... something and start making something like this, but make it kind of a multi-tap depending on where and what you play on.
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few people whom I've talked to about building pads this winter. If that goes well, I'll contact Trin about possibly picking up his design for sale in the US.
Arkanoid0
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT, if you could build Trinpad's here in the US, i will buy one from you! i was considering buing a build from you anyway, but getting a trin wood be so cool!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT, if you guys can get into production again, this time I would definitely take your advice. You were the one who originally showed me the trinpad as a "have you seen anything like this" awhile back.

Setting a placeholder here if pads are made! DT knows what I want and need, poor guy E10.gif And Martin was really nice in the email he sent me - slow to respond but that may be waiting for translation?

Trin and DT ... hmm, could be (for me at least) something close to the perfect pad. durability, sensitivity and ease of care of something close to a CF, light enough for this old goat to move around, and the possibility of carpet velcroed on top (that is what Trin does, at least from the youtube video I saw) to keep my roomie from raising hell because of the noise? I'm in!
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: