Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Fixing a DDR Game Metal Pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Fixing a DDR Game Metal Pad Reply with quote

So I bought this pad off ebay, not knowing the pad was made by DDR Game:

http://www.step2ddr.com/DDR-MultiPlatform-Energy-Arcade-Metal-Dance/M/B000IBS78S.htm

First they sent me the wrong pad, one without a bar. Shipped that back, got the right pad. Now my problem is that the down arrow is stuck on. I determined the control box is fine, and this problem is the pad itself. Once the X button was stuck as well but this time its just down. I took off the down arrow and cleaned the sensor plate incase any foil got on it, but its still stuck. I am trying to work with Step2DDR to get this working but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get it working or am I screwed?
View users profile Send private message
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the arrow gets stuck by putting the arrow panel on, it should be an easy fix.

AKA, if the arrow isn't stuck when you take off the arrow panel, then do this:
1) go to lowes/home depot/etc and get some weatherstripping (i think its open cell), just get the foam type stuff, and not rubbery one.
2) cut 4 pieces of that and put them along the outside edges
3) replace arrow panel
4) test it out.

that's basically it, my friend had to do that for his DDRGame pads as well.
hopefully that helps!
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that I have taken off the down arrow and it remains stuck as on. I even cleaned the sensors board for the down arrow in case any foil had rubbed off and its still stuck.
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that's the case it sounds like a messed up control box or a broken/damaged wire
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tx-6000? You're gonna have a hell of a time getting the base off, but that's probably gonna be what you have to do.

Before you do, try detaching the wires that go to the sensor plate of the down arrow, then taping or soldering them back on. If you're lucky, that'll fix it.

If not, I'd go ahead and report a DOA and try to get them to replace it.
sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pad problems changes on a minute by minute basis. One minute its fine, then literally the next minute something goes wrong. Down arrow gets stuck or when I press up it presses down as well. Gonna ship it back and hopefully get something that works back from them.
DDRichard
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar problem with the right arrow of my tx-1000 and I was wondering if I could replace the sensor. So far I could not find anywhere to buy a sensor for these types of pads, but I wonder if the ones from mymybox will work.
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRichard wrote:
I have similar problem with the right arrow of my tx-1000 and I was wondering if I could replace the sensor. So far I could not find anywhere to buy a sensor for these types of pads, but I wonder if the ones from mymybox will work.

The arrows and sensors in a TX-1000 are a) smaller than MMB; b) are copper on the bottom, foil on the underside of the arrow, MMB's stand-alone sensors are more of the arcade type. Which probably means they wouldn't fit in the 1000, either length or height - because with the MMB sensors you also need the sensor housing and I think a bracket. There's just not that kind of room under the arrow of TX-1000. And of course there's re-wiring, if MMB sensors would even work, which doesn't sound like fun.

I had one for about a week before I contacted the seller and nicely asked him to take the piece of crap back. And yes, of course I unscrewed and opened the pad up to have a peek inside. No, I can't build, wouldn't know where to start, don't have tools, but even I know shoddy and cheap when I see it.

Sfetaz, good luck! I hope you're able to get something better ... or at least something that works!
DDRichard
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:
DDRichard wrote:

The arrows and sensors in a TX-1000 are a) smaller than MMB; b) are copper on the bottom, foil on the underside of the arrow, MMB's stand-alone sensors are more of the arcade type. Which probably means they wouldn't fit in the 1000, either length or height - because with the MMB sensors you also need the sensor housing and I think a bracket. There's just not that kind of room under the arrow of TX-1000. And of course there's re-wiring, if MMB sensors would even work, which doesn't sound like fun.

I figured that would be the case. I'll try to make a replacement sensor out of a copper sheet, but i will have to connect one of the wires to the arrow itself so that the circuit is not constantly completed.
ddrpros
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:
DDRichard wrote:

I had one for about a week before I contacted the seller and nicely asked him to take the piece of crap back. And yes, of course I unscrewed and opened the pad up to have a peek inside. No, I can't build, wouldn't know where to start, don't have tools, but even I know shoddy and cheap when I see it.

Sfetaz, good luck! I hope you're able to get something better ... or at least something that works!

i have a tx1000 and i had the same problem. the aluminum stuff kept sticking to the sensor so i modded mine. i replaced the aluminum stuff and put in sheet metal so it wont be able to peel off and stick to the sensor. i've used it for like 2 years already and there is no problem of it.

my email is theaznstephanie@yahoo.com

i dont check the other email listed in my profile

Dealextreme - best deals for electronic gadgets
Super Strong Magnets $1.63 shipped

youtube
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update this thread and say I shipped the pad back to Step2DDR for replacement. They sent me back the same pad however I have had zero problems with it since I got it back. It's actually a good pad when it works.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: