Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

recommend a good "thick-foam" soft pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsgonzalez
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: recommend a good "thick-foam" soft pad? Reply with quote

My BNS DX-Xtreme pads that I got a few years ago are close to dead, and I'm ready to get new pads.

I've read through a bunch of old posts, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus, and a lot of information is out of date. Also, it seems like most of the pads and/or pad companies out there (RO, BNS, etc.) have big problems.

Can anyone recommend a good soft pad with thick foam inserts? Preferably one with raised arrows so I can feel them with my feet. Thank you!
View users profile Send private message
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak well of any, but I DON'T recommend getting a RO Ignition 3.0. The risers under the arrows moved around on mine which was a pain in the butt, and then the sensors stopped responding after that, or rather just became finicky. And I could never get the down arrow to work via USB for some reason.

Yet I still bought a RO Afterburner after that... blink.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
rsgonzalez
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Darren.

So no one can recommend a good soft pad?
e-j
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat; there seems to be a serious lack of information on foam pads... So far the only consistent recommendation I've seen is to stay away from the new Ignitions. Is there anything out there that's worth checking out? What's the word on the BlueShark Deluxe?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi e-j

Had one of the mmb 2008 dense foam pads. Died in a month. The underlayer of vinyl split in multiple places, which caused the sensors to come into direct contact with the foam insert and basically the pad did nothing but "ghost". Called them, got an RMA, they told me to just send the skin, keep the foam. Did that, got a replacement skin - except they sent an older 2006 skin - which is smaller and thinner than the 2008. After about 2 months of back and forthing, I finally got my money back (minus 2x cost of shipping defective and wrong pad to them). Of course, as with all pads, YMMV.

I have heard a ton of complaints about the RO Ignition 3.0, so that I wouldn't even consider.

rsgonzalez, have you considered just going to the site and trying out another BNS pad? I think? the sparkle is supposed to actually be ok. Haven't gotten one of those, trying to not spend any money right now.
rsgonzalez
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:
Hi e-j
rsgonzalez, have you considered just going to the site and trying out another BNS pad? I think? the sparkle is supposed to actually be ok. Haven't gotten one of those, trying to not spend any money right now.

I checked, and they are sold out. I actually did try to get pads from them maybe 3 years ago, but they had changed the design, and they weren't nearly as good as the original pads I got from them 5-6 years ago :/
Ineffable
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in summary, none of the foam pads are good?
CT_Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend the BNS Sparkle, or whatever it was called.
You get it from buynshop, some website. Read some reviews first though.
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT_Warrior wrote:
I would recommend the BNS Sparkle, or whatever it was called.
You get it from buynshop, some website. Read some reviews first though.

I tried the Extreme Fusion and they were sold out. And I'd really prefer not to get a pink dance mat. E1.gif

Anyone had any luck with the Gamecube/Wii Blueshark Deluxe pads and a Gamecube -> USB converter? I simply want a pad for PC, don't care about playing PS2 mixes.

EDIT: I found a bunch of other foam pads floating around, but after a few minutes looking around it looks like all of them are almost identical to ones being sold by DDRGame and I've not heard very many good things about them.

EDIT: I called up BuyNShop just to see what their deal was and apparently the factory that they had previously used to manufacture their pads closed down. They mentioned that they might have stock in March, but considering the fact that this is a new factory I would be wary of their new products until they get a solid 'breaking in' period.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: