Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band 2 for XBOX ships today

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 2 for XBOX ships today Reply with quote

Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game development company, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks, along with distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc., today announced its highly anticipated music videogame Rock Band 2™is shipping to retail.

The award-winning Rock Band 2 standalone software will make its debut on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on Sunday, September 14, 2008 with an exclusive launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 standalone wireless drums and guitars will also arrive at retail later in the week. In addition, look for the epic Rock Band 2 TV commercial featuring AC/DC’s rock anthem “Let There Be Rock” that premiered during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards at http://www.rockband2.com .

“Rock Band 2 and Harmonix are raising the bar in the music game category again with an incredible music setlist, innovative online features, and new authentic instruments. With over 300 songs available on disc and via weekly downloads, no other music game can compete with the Rock Band 2 music catalog,” stated Bob Picunko, Vice President of Electronic Games and Interactive Products, MTV. "Mark your calendar, call your band mates, and get set for the best Rock Band party ever on Sunday, September 14th."

Rock Band 2 is set to revolutionize music gaming with the ability to export most of the songs from the original Rock Band disc, Online World Tour, daily Battle-Of-The Band Tournaments, Auto-Calibration to eliminate TV lag, wireless drums, quieter, velocity sensitive drum heads, support for up to three cymbals (sold separately), advanced voice detection technology, No Fail Mode, and a real Drum Trainer. Rock Band 2’s massive list of innovations also includes the ability to export your in-game band avatar to the internet and order custom Rock Band merchandise including apparel and figures.

Shipping and pricing information:
Week of September 14, 2008

* Rock Band 2 Standalone Software (Xbox 360) $59.99 MSRP
* Rock Band 2 Standalone Wireless Drums (Xbox 360) $89.99 MSRP
* Rock Band 2 Standalone Wireless Guitar (Xbox 360) $69.99 MSRP

With a focus on authenticity, quality and blurring the line between playing a game and performing music, Rock Band partners Mad Catz and Ion have introduced officially licensed high–end instruments which are already shipping to retail this week:

Mad Catz:

* Rock Band Fender Precision Bass Guitar Controller: The Fender Precision Bass equipped with a split strum bar and innovative features designed to enhance the Rock Band experience. This new guitar peripheral is designed for bass players but can be used to play both lead and bass guitar portions of Rock Band and Rock Band 2.
* MSRP: $69.99

ION:

* Rock Band ION Drum Rocker: A real electronic drum kit with up to three color assignable cymbals that functions as a Rock Band game controller brings the Rock Band fantasy to life. A drum conversion kit is also available to transform the kit from a game controller to a real instrument (sold separately).
* MSRP: $299
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw some vids of gameplay from people who already got the game, that game got a ton harder, which is coo.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got rock band 2 today and its awesome
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dollar Bill (OG)
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now the question.. is the RB 2 controller compatible with the GH series?

III, II, and Aerosmith, as well as World Tour

Dollar Bill
"I would rather hear from people than rely on speculation from websites."

PS: Now the b*tch is to find the guitar!
tempest6
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Cross-Compatible?... Reply with quote

According to what I'm told, the preferal instruments for Rock Band I and for Rock Band II are cross-compatible to Guitar Hero 4 for all fields--excpet for the drums, because the drums for Guitar Hero 4 has 3 drums, 2 cymbls & a bass pedal. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Over!...

tempest8
View users profile Send private message Send email
Dollar Bill (OG)
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Cross-Compatible?... Reply with quote

tempest6 wrote:
According to what I'm told, the preferal instruments for Rock Band I and for Rock Band II are cross-compatible to Guitar Hero 4 for all fields--excpet for the drums, because the drums for Guitar Hero 4 has 3 drums, 2 cymbls & a bass pedal. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Over!...

tempest8

From a few sources, one of them being a compatability matrix matrix and from trying out the bass guitar from RB, the RB controllers will be compatible with GH WT and 4. Unfortunately, I needed something for GH III, II, Aerosmith, and WT/4.

Shame too.... the RB controllers look better and feel better. But GH ones play better. How odd

Dollar Bill
"And RB 2 I like a LOT more than the first."
Karn
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/declaration-of-independence-reading-gets-perfect-vocal-score-in/

I thought this was funny.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/18/ps3-music-peripheral-compatibility-update/

According to that, everything should be cross compatable. From what I have read, the same thing should be happening for Xbox. I hope so, because I was planing to use the GH drums to replace my unresponsive RB1 drums.

Also, where is my "Smells Like Teen Spirit?"

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?"

Xbox Live/PSN: Karn92
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: