Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution X (AC) confirmed: New arcade DDR Mix!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pakwan Kenobi
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
So I wonder... how much is thing going to cost? It's neat. It's looks cool. It's great and all of that good stuff. I just wonder if the game will be good enough and have enough player interest to make money for the vendors who would buy it.

Hopefully, some of the ITG mods will make an appearance in this game.

This machine will be plenty expensive, and if Betson doesn't make it, I wonder how much it will cost to bring one of those cabinets to the US...or who will be manufacturing the machines in the US.

I also hope more ITG mods make it into the game. Doreen actually commented, "They should just make every song start out on 1.5x Hallway by default." I think the addition of mines...sorry, "shock arrows", is another step in the right direction, after the addition of Marvelous timing to standard gameplay in SN2.

KEEP FREESTYLE ALIVE.

This is unbelievable.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
salem
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, they can't just make it default x1.5 with Hallway, because then it'd just be ITG with a different skin. I'd like the game to stick with default tournament-style rules, no speed/arrow mods by default, and if you want 'em, add 'em.

Shock Arrows may be a bit obvious, but really, the idea was already conceived, no matter what they called it people would groan about it.
View users profile Send private message
Dawgbowl
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If betson stays the hell away I will play this game again... It seems like Konami actually wants to stab at it again... and with a new cab we could finally get something worthy of being a successor of extreme.
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but can someone please tell what or who "betson" is?

And wee that DDRX Cab looks a tad OTT, but i guess everything changes over time, but hell im still excited!
Ghettobarney
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstruktOOO wrote:
sorry but can someone please tell what or who "betson" is?

And wee that DDRX Cab looks a tad OTT, but i guess everything changes over time, but hell im still excited!

The company that ruined, I mean "made" the DDR supernova series cabinets.

OMG I BEETS MACKS 300!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are actually excited at the aspect of "Shock Arrows"? Ugh...this is DDR, not ITG. Please don't ruin the game, Konami.
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

Songs, stepcharts, variety- yadda yadda, they say this every time

Edit data- old machines did this too. However, if it's USB compatible and a computer-based editor is released (or made by community), this could be a huge boost from the ITG edit fanbase.

Shock arrows- sounds like mines. But knowing Konami, their use will probably be gimmicky and irritating more than flavorful and tricky.

Cabinet- IT'S HUGE! The Marquee looks as big as the screen. The screen looks killer. The pads look slick. The "satellite" light bars look freakin' awesome, I'm really curious to see what they do. The omni-directional selection arrows are handy, maybe no more confusion about menu navigation.

e-Amuse- hurray for the Japanese, unless they start doing a global system. As long as they don't restrict unlocks and upgrades to e-Amuse users, I'm happy.

We'll know more after they do the first location test on Thursday the 17th! E1.gif
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
You guys are actually excited at the aspect of "Shock Arrows"? Ugh...this is DDR, not ITG. Please don't for once, improve the game, Konami.

DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

48. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ This.

The game has been stagnant since MAX pretty much, this could be a much needed boost to gameplay if done correctly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they at least make these arrows looks different enough from normal arrows so you don't get easily confused/have to know when they're coming.

A woman on Team WIMN... Lolz
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Vodka Drunkenski
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those diesel exhaust stacks on each side of the machine? Fucking bad-ass.
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: To EVERYBODY worried about Shock Arrows please just stop now Reply with quote

DDR leaving it's roots? The series was a massive money machine for Konami for years before a new type of arrow was introduced. Remember when freeze arrows didn't exist? DDR MAX (6th mix) finally put them in and the series has been better ever since. Do you think a whole bandwagon full of "fans" didn't pretty swear they would leave the series for good if the freeze arrows stayed in? Do you think a lot of fans actually did leave the series? Yes, the series was not the same and it did lose a lot of fans. This was a burning forest for Konami. The life of the forest had come to a stand still and it needed to be burned down so it could regrow and continue living as it was always had. The series needs to be changed again, as it was before, and it may lose in the short run but there is much more at stake here than whether some teenager thinks he isn't going to like something he hasn't even tried yet. I guess if you don't know about forests that might not make sense to you, sorry.

Even if Konami used several ideas from ITG it wouldn't become anything of a copy cat, it would just be going through the same typical pattern of evolution and borrowing that all series of games do with eachother. This series has gone stagnant and needs lots of good changes right now, and if they need to borrow a few things from their rivals then so be it, they have worked their butts off and they deserve to borrow some stuff, and shock arrows just might be a lot of fun. I think DDR's "roots" need to grow, the more the sooner the better!
People who care- are jealous
Asian- no, African American- no, Spanish- no
Explanation- don't believe the stereotypes you hear, and I hate rap music!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on how well Konami's step-artists can implement the new arrows, whether they will enhance the game or just be gimmicky and irritating.

Quote:
Remember when freeze arrows didn't exist? DDR MAX (6th mix) finally put them in and the series has been better ever since.

Freeze arrows = good addition. Wii-remote shake arrows = bad addition.

Quote:
Are those diesel exhaust stacks on each side of the machine? frick bad-buttocks.

They're satellite light strips, and it's my guess that they will pulsate up and down with the harmony, treble, and bass of the song, much like the bars on a music player with a display.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say for shock arrows is they better not be the reason a song is rated 9 or 10. If they did it for, say, really easy songs & wanted to make them harder, then yes, I could see that. But if it's going to be in every new song, then we'll have to see how that's executed.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szalkow wrote:
Wii-remote shake arrows = bad addition.

Only because they don't have their own column.
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szalkow wrote:
It really depends on how well Konami's step-artists can implement the new arrows, whether they will enhance the game or just be gimmicky and irritating.

I'm leaning towards to latter. There's a reason Roxor was able to make good 9+ charts for nearly every song but Konami can't make a 10 that's legitmately difficult without stupid gimmicks like retarded bpm shifts etc. There's always the possibility of them getting it right but I'm betting that they'll just whore out shock arrows on all the boss songs with no logical placement just to make sure you can't pass it. Even if they do get it right, do they really think they're gonna win back the hardcore ITG players, particularly the ones who have no problems quading a 10 (let alone, an 11 or 12)
Xopher
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're all going to play it if you get the chance who cares.
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it (the shock arrows), should be an option that can be turned on and off. Everyone has their own style and own way thay may want to play, and should be entitled to make that choice for themselves. I would wait and try it before I make any judgements. To each their own.
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I am sort of dealing with the shock arrow thing. Hopefully they keep it as some addition like freeze arrows and they don't start shoveling newer songs in and getting rid of older songs just to appeal to the new generation of DDR players. Heck, with the newer technology, why is there the concern of removing songs? Just keep 'em in. Unless they're licensed of course.

Though I still feel that they should just keep shock arrows as a modifier. They won't fit in newer 7s or 8s because that wouldn't be too nice for players who want to improve and putting them in to make 9s or 10s harder is just plain stupid. Especially if it were the shock arrows themselves that make the song a 9 or 10.

Also, who started that rumor about a different rating system?
Pie~
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*5-MɟB* ɹAuDoMuIuJɐ wrote:

Also, who started that rumor about a different rating system?

Apparently someone who was at E3 and played the demos for DDR X and Uni 3 contacted someone else about the changes and they posted the information.

We will know tomorrow whether this information is actually true.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: