Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution X (AC) confirmed: New arcade DDR Mix!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJK
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Dance Dance Revolution X (AC) confirmed: New arcade DDR Mix! Reply with quote

Today, Konami launched an official site for Dance Dance Revolution X, the newest arcade installment of the DDR series. Details are sketchy at the moment, but this announcement ends the previous uncertainty over whether or not DDR X was to be a PS2-only release.

The background image of the page strongly hints toward an all-new, redesigned DDR cabinet. Exciting stuff! Further details will be reported here as they become available.
View users profile Send private message
Michael_J_Tung
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... I guess I got to posting about it a bit late.

But still a very nice find. Can't wait for the new mix! ^^

Well here's another BEMANI website teaser for the new addition to the BEMANI series, Jubeat:
http://www.konami.jp/bemani/jubeat/

I don't read books... I read arrows!
Lenoh
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. Now I gotta get in shape for another DDR mix laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kilroy{ZTC}
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redesigned cabinet? Could this mean... 16th runs!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael_J_Tung wrote:
Well here's another BEMANI website teaser for the new addition to the BEMANI series, Jubeat:

*waits for Jewish people to get offended*

DDR X seems interesting...I'll be waiting to find out more since for now we obviously don't know much.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Xopher
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARREN HAYEZ wrote:
Michael_J_Tung wrote:

*waits for Jewish people to get offended*

Prounounced yubeat, pun on yubi which means finger in japanese blah blah blah we knew all this when it was being location tested.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone will still call it jubeat though.

On DDRX, looks like Konami wants DDR to pick up steam again with yearly releases. Can't wait to see the new features of this version!

EDIT MODE, PLEASE.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Konami, Great stuff! You make us DDR players proud.
Tortuous Enigma
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yet another mix that'll never make it to Augusta, GA.
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRFreak has been slow to pick up on headlines as of late. I posted DDRX Arcade info in a thread a while back.
JJK
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
DDRFreak has been slow to pick up on headlines as of late. I posted DDRX Arcade info in a thread a while back.

The information that you posted was not an official confirmation, but instead speculation. Therefore, it was not something that I was interested in headlining.

I'm not sure why you're so proud of yourself for that one thread that you need to continue reminding everyone "hay guys I broke the news first!" but I'm gonna go on a limb and assume that you're the only person that you're impressing by doing so.
Pie~
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone hasn't seen, a Press release was sent to DDR:UK regarding the European/US versions of DDR:X.

Quote:
Konami Digital Entertainment is proud to present the latest addition to the BEMANI music simulation collection, Dance Dance Revolution X (DDR X).

This latest version shows the evolution of the game, incorporating 10 years of innovation from the first version that was launched in 1998. The new version, housed in a fresh cabinet design contains many of the original features that make DDR the best amusement dance machine on the market and also some new surprises for new and existing players.

DDR X is going to be a truly global version with the brand name changed from Dancing Stage to Dance Dance Revolution on this model and for all future models.

The game will be tested in Europe and USA in the coming months prior to the planned launch.

More news about the product including news on the additional features, new cabinet and upgrade kits for existing Konami products, will be available soon, but for now, “The Revolution Has Begun!”

So, it looks like we will indeed get a newly designed cabinet. Sweetness.

I expect location tests to start in Japan VERY soon. And there has been rumors that the US will get a test sometime in August.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: New DDR Machine Reply with quote

If you zoom in really really really really far, you can see the leftsel.gif :start: rightsel.gif buttons on each side.

And then if you look dead center between the two sets of buttons, there's something circular in the middle. Normally, I'd assume it's some kind of decorational pattern like what is on SN2. But I think it's functional because this is obviously a picture of an artist's rendition of the new machine, not a picture of an actual cabinet. The lighting is way too fake and there are no details anywhere else on the machine. So those bumps are definitely polygons blocking the light. And I know those pixels aren't jpeg artifacts because the monitor and marquee are a clean solid color.

If I were to guess, I think that maybe any new buttons in the center would be used for picking your song. Because you only need one set of buttons to do that, and that would free up the P1 and P2 buttons to do modifiers. Or it could be that they built the card readers into the cabinet, but I don't see any numpads.

Those weird fingers have me beat. GET IT?! I made a Jubeat pun.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catastrophe, you missed something.

The 1p/2p buttons have a button below the :start: button.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Omg Buttons Reply with quote

I think you're right. I see it more on the 1P side than on the 2P side. Could it be four triangle buttons, one in every direction? As long as that really is a button in the middle.

Something else I've noticed. Look at the lower pink and blue lights. They're coming from what might be speakers in the wings. Ok, neon lights in speakers, pretty normal maybe. Now look up top. Those pink and blue lights are coming from behind the marquee, not from the machine. Actually, not only are the satellite lamps missing, but the treble speakers are missing too. On a DDR machine they've always been sticking out of the side of the marquee. I suppose they could be embedded in the marquee kind of like old PNM machines, but I doubt it because I'm not seeing indentations where the light shines. And new PNM machines have the treble speakers sticking out on poles, anyway. So you can hear the sound better.

So maybe the machine in this picture isn't fully assembled? Because I can't figure out why poles would be sticking straight up out of the wings. To impale people? That, or they're going to hold the treble speakers at the height of the monitor, IIDX style. That is, two feet away from your face while you're playing. Sweet. E1.gif Well, if it's true. Although the poles in IIDX are there more to support the giant marquee thing that it has. With this design I'm just guessing.

I wish Photobucket wasn't down for maintenance right now.
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IHYD.JJK wrote:
Auspher wrote:

The information that you posted was not an official confirmation, but instead speculation. Therefore, it was not something that I was interested in headlining.

I'm not sure why you're so proud of yourself for that one thread that you need to continue reminding everyone "hay guys I broke the news first!" but I'm gonna go on a limb and assume that you're the only person that you're impressing by doing so.

Confirmation of the machines coming to Europe and the Dancing Stage title switching to Dance Dance Revolution isn't worth headlining? The only speculation in what I posted is that it would come over to U.S. shores. It headlined almost everywhere else. You posted up a new website...This little tidbit of news you posted doesn't much impress either, bud. And also, that thread I linked you to a while back that was in the WRONG forum and had WRONG information that I said should be locked and you thought I was in the wrong...uh...what's the status of that thread now? Locked, as it should be. Quit acting like your on top of the world just because you can post headlines.
Nathan.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
Confirmation of the machines coming to Europe and the Dancing Stage title switching to Dance Dance Revolution isn't worth headlining? The only speculation in what I posted is that it would come over to U.S. shores. It headlined almost everywhere else. You posted up a new website...This little tidbit of news you posted doesn't much impress either, bud. And also, that thread I linked you to a while back that was in the WRONG forum and had WRONG information that I said should be locked and you thought I was in the wrong...uh...what's the status of that thread now? Locked, as it should be. Quit acting like your on top of the world just because you can post headlines.

You should go pour yourself a big ol' glass of shut the fuck up

Now stop your butthurting

I'm extremely glad to see that Konami is taking the series in what seems to be a completely new direction- I am beyond excited to see how this turns out and can't wait to see the new cabinet in full light.

Edit-

I vote that when referring to the game we say DDR Ten because there's probably going to be some confusion between DDRX and DDREX.

IF IT CATCHES I STARTED ITTTTTTTTT
Michael_J_Tung
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw man... It's like Beatmania... You have to say the "X."

That brings up the possibility of names for future sequels... DDR DX (Deluxe) then perhaps DDR IIDX? laugh.gif
Maybe those are the extra buttons you see on the redesigned cab...
Just a Bemani fanboy's rant. lol.

I don't read books... I read arrows!
Pie~
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! More exciting news about the cabinet..

According to am-net, the new cabinet will have a widescreen monitor and USB support!

http://am-net.xtr.jp/game/profile.cgi?_v=1215600983
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDL.Nate! Please stop your blatant cursing and flaming. You're digging yourself into a deeper hole. It also bumps your intelligence level down a significant margin.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: