Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ghostfire Games - WiiWare - Helix - Developer Walkthrough

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostfiregames
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Ghostfire Games - WiiWare - Helix - Developer Walkthrough Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about our upcoming title for WiiWare.

Austin, Texas based Ghostfire Games will be releasing a rhythm game title for WiiWare. Our new game, Helix, challenges players to follow the movements of a robot avatar over 3 difficulties and a selection of 26 songs. The music we've gathered for this game comes from independent musicians across the United States and Europe. We expect an August release pending final approval from Nintendo.

Our second trailer has gone up on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MiauopktNQI

In this video, producer and CEO of Ghostfire Games, Ed Roman, discusses various gameplay and production aspects of our upcoming WiiWare title, Helix.

Please visit our website for more information:

http://www.ghostfiregames.com/helix

Please leave feedback! It is appreciated.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
EvilDave219
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this actually looks incredibly promising. Pretty much requiring 2 Wiimotes does limit your consumer base somewhat, but I understand why it was done. As long as it can read input correctly, I can see this being a really fun game.

Wish you guys the best of luck, and I'm always willing to support any Texas based video game company =)
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDave219 wrote:
Wow, this actually looks incredibly promising. Pretty much requiring 2 Wiimotes does limit your consumer base somewhat, but I understand why it was done. As long as it can read input correctly, I can see this being a really fun game.

Wish you guys the best of luck, and I'm always willing to support any Texas based video game company =)

im pretty sure just about everyone who owns a wii has 2 wiimotes. i mean, wii pretty much is the console for local multiplayer.

game looks pretty school, definitely worth checking out. Reminds me a bit of para para paradise and dance freaks. it'd be cool if you guys did downloadable tracks like rock band. now, how am i going to be able to fit this game on my wii?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ghostfiregames
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could have done downloadable content as well, but Nintendo told us "no way" when we asked about that feature early in development. frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats infinitely lame. For the sequel, you guys should release it as a disk and pack in a lot more songs and new modes to make it a more full-fledged game. This one sounds awesome and i'm definitely going to get it day 1.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: