Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Freak Radio no longer free?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: DDR Freak Radio no longer free? Reply with quote

I was on Live365 where the DDR Freak ratio station is today & noticed that now, you have to be a VIP to listen to it. I'm quite shocked since last Friday, it was free to listen to.

Was this your choice or Live365?
View users profile Send private message
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't renew our contract with live365 after it expired. One of the reasons is because it wasn't really being maintained, not being listened to very much, and the biggest reason is because we were paying $750/year for it. $750 is a lot of money and if it's not being used that much, I'd rather not spend money on keeping it up. Sorry about the inconvenience it has caused, however.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well. I was just wondering. I only recently started to listen to it again at school while working on stuff on the computer. I can't believe it costs $750 just to keep that on.
BemaniManiac
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys looked at running shoutcast? If you have someone with decent upstream bandwidth you could run it for next to nothing.
rddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Dogg wrote:
We didn't renew our contract with live365 after it expired. One of the reasons is because it wasn't really being maintained, not being listened to very much, and the biggest reason is because we were paying $750/year for it. $750 is a lot of money and if it's not being used that much, I'd rather not spend money on keeping it up. Sorry about the inconvenience it has caused, however.

J Dogg,

I too, like Zonic, noticed that the DDRFreak channel on Live365 is no longer free. If you become a Live364 VIP member, is it still possible to hear the DDRFreak channel?
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BemaniManiac wrote:
Have you guys looked at running shoutcast? If you have someone with decent upstream bandwidth you could run it for next to nothing.

Then there's the gray area of running a pirate radio station and not paying the artists royalties.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rddr wrote:
I too, like Zonic, noticed that the DDRFreak channel on Live365 is no longer free. If you become a Live365 VIP member, is it still possible to hear the DDRFreak channel?
Yes, you can still listen to it if you're a VIP member. That's what I meant by DDR Freak Radio being no longer free.

Doesn't Orange Lounge have a radio?
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No OLR shut down their Live 365 station and is broadcasting on All Games now.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange Lounge switched to Allgames.com due to live365 increasing their prices in order for stations to remain active. It is possible that DDRFreak Radio could switch to Allgames and have a segment of DDR Music on it. Just ask Skie or Bobby Blackwolf from the site and see what they think.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: