Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR + Frogger = Win

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertB
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: DDR + Frogger = Win Reply with quote

If there weren't pix, I wouldn't believe it.
Quote:
Frogger: now with Dance Dance Revolution pads!

Last weekend a new feature at the Newport Aquarium opened. Called "The Frog Bog", it's a celebration of all things froggy, with a play area for the kids, a bunch of neat frogs on display, and also... this. My own eyes about bugged out when I saw it: they created a version of Frogger using metal Dance Dance Revolution pads.

My daughter and I spent a good amount of time playing, and yes, it worked very well. The pads were responsive, your legs felt it after a few rounds, and the sound was good and loud so you could enjoy the virtual feeling of getting squished under the wheels of the trucks as they drove past.

If you're ever in the Northern Kentucky area, check it out. In terms of surreal gaming experiences, this will be pretty hard to beat. Plus you don't have to put in quarters!

The Newport, Kentucky (suburb of Cincinnatti, OH) museum's website describes it as a "'Frogger' type of video game". Those are some seriously heavy-duty pads.

It's also being discussed in Slashdot's Games section, FWIW.

dance as good you will not, mmm?
DDR and Karaoke updates: tequilakaraoke.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingenious. Imagine what other games you could use DDR pads for, there have to be lots of neat ones besides this.
View users profile Send private message
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should haxxor some DDR onto that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthros wrote:
Ingenious. Imagine what other games you could use DDR pads for, there have to be lots of neat ones besides this.

Sonic 3.
View users profile Send private message
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSX wrote:
Xanthros wrote:

Sonic 3.

There's no jump button on a dance pad.

I played a few fighting games on my old soft pad. That wasn't too fun. blink.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: