Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Revolution

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Rock Revolution Reply with quote

http://www.destructoid.com/konami-gamer-s-night-08-rock-revolution-86078.phtml#ext

* PS3/XB360/Wii/DS
* Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals (DS only)

And with the late to the game card...Konami!

The UI is ugly, I would rather have had a reskinned GF/DM UI.

Unfortunetly I think Konami will get screwed by this and suffer. I really don't think the market can hold three full fledged music games (at what $170 a pop).

I find it odd that this information came out only days after we got the confirmation about Guitar Hero IV details.

So what are your thoughts? Are you as pessimistic as me?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm pessimistic about it. It will take something amazing from Konami to steal my finances away from Rock Band at this point in time.
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you fucking shitting me with this Konami?
nystargate
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm.gif Talk about late to the party.

And it seems odd that vocals are not included. That's a big negative (unless maybe they are going to add all the songs and vocals to Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore - which I doubt).

I'll get it because I get all music games, but I just don't see the point. The songlist is just OK.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drums do look nice and better than both RB and GH4. But I'm not having any more 'contraptions' all up in my living room.

I'll be sticking with the RB franchise. I've got too much DLC to ditch now.

However, if the game is compatible with RB and GHII controllers on the 360, I may pick it up once it hits the bargin bins/ebay/used bins.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooo the songlist looks awesome, RB better get some of those songs frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaddahfuck, Konami?! You seriously couldn't just bring over GitaDora V4 instead of this Rock Band rip-off (ironic, I know), could you? At least that game's (V4) unique presentation differentiated itself enough for it to not scream out "Hey! I'm a carbon copy of the competitors' drum/guitar sims!" The drum peripheral looks nice though. Too bad I can't use said peripheral for GitaDora if I ever wanted to import the games in the future disgust.gif (I heard the CS-style drums/guitar for the games suck buttocks)!
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, it comes into full cycle. Rock Band/Guitar Hero ripped off Guitar Freaks/Drummania, so Konami is gonna rip off Rock Band.

It's too late, Konami. People are going to claim that you ripped off Activision, despite you guys being the 1st guitar/drum simulator game creators....However, I must admit the drum kit is VERY nice. MUCH better than the Drummania CS controller.

Also, you know WHY I play your guys music games? The music. You guys have more ORIGINAL music than covers/licensed music. & with the songlist, I've already lost most interest....This could be a chance to bring over some of the best GF/DM songs.
View users profile Send private message
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you honestly expect Americans to prefer an Asaki track over Blink-182 or even Dream Theater
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activision will sue
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
Activision will sue

the sad thing is they would
Syn Zero
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, this is lame. The only positive I can see about this whole ordeal is that drum controller looks like it'll be better than Rock Band's.

Seriously, Konami is going to screw themselves with this one. Even bringing over Guitar Freaks/Drummania would've been more feasible than this. Sure, Americans wouldn't know what the hell all those Japanese songs are about, but at least they'd be different and actually fun to play as opposed to playing the same type of crappy mainstream US music we ALREADY have. And when I think about it, if they're not even including vocals, what would be the difference anyway?

Ugh, I'll stick with Rock Band for my PS3 and the occasional trips to the arcade for my Drummania fix.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valex wrote:
Do you honestly expect Americans to prefer an Asaki track over Blink-182 or even Dream Theater
I'm saying more like long songs sung in English or instrumentals, like Used To Rock & Roll, or Riff Riff Orbit & Riff Riff Paradise. Not to mention they could use songs from DDR seeing as DDR has gotten more GF/DM songs over the years.

5/16 Edit: Drum Kit pics & impressions

Also, I found this out:

KONAMI IS ONLY PUBLISHING THE GAME, NOT DEVELOPING IT. ZOE MODE IS MAKING THE 360/PS3, WHILE HB STUDIO IS MAKING THE WII/DS VERSION.
View users profile Send private message
Karn
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne

I would love to rock "Dr. Feelgood," but I simply refuse to play the above song, which I also refuse to type. Also, I think the GH4 drum kit will be much better.

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?"

Xbox Live/PSN: Karn92
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Chewphoria
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:V
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Konami. You just fucked yourselves up in the ass with a jackhammer with that move.
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Triangles make it more edgy," commented Shacknews founder Steve Gibson.

Three times as edgy, in fact.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the drums do look a lot better than the competition. But too little, too late.

edit: they have Dream Theater and even I don't care because Pull me Under is one of their most popular (worst) songs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zonic wrote:
Valex wrote:
I'm saying more like long songs sung in English or instrumentals, like Used To Rock & Roll, or Riff Riff Orbit & Riff Riff Paradise. Not to mention they could use songs from DDR seeing as DDR has gotten more GF/DM songs over the years.

5/16 Edit: Drum Kit pics & impressions

Also, I found this out:

KONAMI IS ONLY PUBLISHING THE GAME, NOT DEVELOPING IT. ZOE MODE IS MAKING THE 360/PS3, WHILE HB STUDIO IS MAKING THE WII/DS VERSION.

No wonder it looks different from the original GF/DM skins. But, I have to say the drum set looks much better than Rock Band.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: