Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ddr in the past
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Rainbow wrote:
DJX wrote:
Johnny Rainbow wrote:
I used to think Leading Cyber was the hardest, until I figured out the middle part. Besides that, Healing Vision Angelic.

HVAM was introduced in the same mix as 300 though.

Nope. It was introduced in 5th Mix CS.
Yeah, and Paranoia Survivor was introduced in 7th Mix CS right? Then why is it always in the 8th Mix pack and not the 7th Mix CS pack?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Johnny Rainbow
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, that's the preferred choice of association. I played HVAM on 5th CS first, so I'll always associate that song with 5th CS.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what it was like when 3rd mix came out with all the songs with innuendo (eg Oh Nick please not so quick, do it all night, etc.)
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Johnny Rainbow
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da-RiSiN-sMoKe wrote:
I wonder what it was like when 3rd mix came out with all the songs with innuendo (eg Oh Nick please not so quick, do it all night, etc.)

We all had a good giggle...then played the songs. Do It All Night was pretty fun, but Turn Me On Doubles was really hard(as were a lot of 3rd Mix songs on Doubles).
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange,I can beat many of the 10 footers with ease,but I think Gradilistic Cyber ~AMD G5 Mix~ is a pain in the buttocks.For some reason,the 16th notes in that song kill me...
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vro wrote:
It's strange,I can beat many of the 10 footers with ease,but I think Gradilistic Cyber ~AMD G5 Mix~ is a pain in the buttocks.For some reason,the 16th notes in that song kill me...

As of yesterday I have about half as many greats on Max 300 as Gradiusic Cyber... WTF

Max 300, 18
Grad Cyber, 32

A woman on Team WIMN... Lolz
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{SFSA}MelJ wrote:
Zukin-Man wrote:
I thought that Furuhata's Theme and God of Romance were the hardest songs before the MAXes rolled around.
Haha. Ditto. I'd add Drop Out and Matsuri Japan to that list as well laugh.gif

Matsuri Japan must not be a tough nine-footer considering I can almost consistently score an A on it and I cannot pass most nine-footers. Does this indicate there were not very many tough songs before Max? I know this is a somewhat old topic, but I have been wanting to find a discussion about the toughest songs in the history of the game. Would it be possible to discuss the toughest nine-footers and ten-footers (and possibly tougher including In The Groove songs)? I would type the toughest songs I have ever tried include Pandemonium expert, Fascination Maxx, and Paranoia Hades. Of course, then there are the tough 12's on In The Groove...

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what generation of DDR games you are referring to, and if you're referring to technical difficulty or how much stamina it drains. With DDR Extreme, I always found Healing Vision Angelic Mix and Can't Stop Fallin' In Love Speed Mix quite draining compared to most other 9 footers. Both songs have repetitive steps that are tiring; with HVAM it's constant double steps and crossovers at around 200 bpm through almost the entire song, while CSFILSM has repeated tapping runs and gallops at 170 bpm. But if you're referring to technical difficulty, as in odd patterns that are difficult to time, I always found Xenon and Leading Cyber difficult to get good accuracy on. Xenon has odd galloping patterns throughout the song; Leading Cyber only has one section that is difficult to time due to fast pseudo-crossover 16th runs but if you don't do it correctly it'll mess up your score pretty badly.

With the newer games (Supernova and onward), I'd say Paranoia Hades is the hardest 9 all around. It's just as draining as most 10's and is actually more difficult than Max 300, which is pretty much the "benchmark" 10 footer. The hardest 10 footer is Pluto Relinquish Oni.
View users profile Send private message
Ian2K3
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember that paranoia rebirth was my first boss "10 footer" that i thought i would never pass. that was when I started on the 3rd mix so when i finally saw max 300 for the first time i was like "aww hell naw!!" and i never thought i would pass that either....

then came ITG, and then... Dragonforce
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back before 4th mix or 5th mix the Catastrophics were catastrophic and End of the Century was the hardest Exorbitant known to man. Only a legendary few could play PARANOiA Rebirth in stealth and I probably knew only one guy who threatened to do it as a freestyle with Shuffle enabled (for some reason).

I passed Graduisic Cyber in a tournament and after getting past the fast part the audience was like "WOAH!", kinda like a close match in ITG.

DDR had some hard songs in our standards and some people joked that Drop Out should be DDR's first 10. We had challenges for people where, if they failed, would have to go to the unmaintained single bathroom.

Max 2 came in around the same time as Max and we called anyone who could pass Max 300 good. I was so glad I managed to pass it before I turned 13. I was challenging this guy who was much older to see who would beat it first. He won, but he supported me when I tried it. The first time I tried it I made it to the first quarter.

Nobody was surprised, it was a common thing.

Just recalling my experience here in New York.
ranatalus
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxx freak wrote:
Johnny Rainbow wrote:
DJX wrote:
Johnny Rainbow wrote:
I used to think Leading Cyber was the hardest, until I figured out the middle part. Besides that, Healing Vision Angelic.

HVAM was introduced in the same mix as 300 though.

Nope. It was introduced in 5th Mix CS.
Yeah, and Paranoia Survivor was introduced in 7th Mix CS right? Then why is it always in the 8th Mix pack and not the 7th Mix CS pack?

Paranoia Survivor, Crash, and Love Shine being in Max2 JP CS would be considered "preview songs" for Extreme AC.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healing Vision Angelic Mix is definitely a stamina-drainer. I am terrible with taps, so I cannot pass Can't Stop Falling In Love Speed Mix -- I can't pass Era or My Sweet Darlin' on heavy because of my ineptness with taps. Should Paranoia Hades be considered at least a 10-footer considering I could not pass it on the hand controller, but I could Fascination Eternal Love Mix? Based on experience from playing on the hand controller, I don't think Pluto Relinquish challenge is as bad as Horatio challenge (the only song I cannot pass on the hand controller in X -- that song is impossible on normal speed), Fascination Maxx expert (probably even tougher on challenge), Paranoia Hades expert (ditto), The Legend of Max heavy, Paranoia Surivor Max heavy and challenge. Of course, there may be differences in difficulty order between the pad and the hand controller. Cartoon Heroes heavy does not seem bad on the hand controller -- I almost have a full combo on it with the hand controller. On the pad, it seems I usually have more trouble with technical steps than stamina in terms of passing songs nowadays.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: