Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Encore - Super High Quality Sims!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razma
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: DDR Encore - Super High Quality Sims! Reply with quote

So there aren't too many options for really high quality pad simfiles on the net. Even if you find them, odds are, they don't include double charts or even complete charts. DDR Encore has all of that, and we're constantly growing.

www.ddrencore.com

Check out the simfile section to see all of our files, but here is a brief list:
As Long As You Love Me (Factory Team Remix) - Baker Street
Beat It - Flip & Fill
Catch Up Dream (Theme from Jikkyou PowaPro Baseball 10) - .ASACO
COREDESAT - Des-ROW
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Duel - Bond
Fire Fire - StripE
Go Beyond!! - ryu vs. SOTA
I believe in you - Toy Box
IMPLANTATION - Tomosuke
Infinite Cave - Nekomata Master+
It's My Life (Almighty Club Mix) - Jackie 'O'
Karma - TaQ
Love Love Shine (Tropical Mix) - Riyu Kosaka remixed by Mr. T
Magical Rainbow - Darwin
My Only Shining Star (PureFocus Remix) - Naoki feat. Becky Lucinda
My Selene - Sonata Arctica
Put a Little Love in Your Heart - Raymond Miles
Shake It Down - good-cool
So Fabulous - HHH
SOS - Toy Box
Unforgettable - Fast Food Rockers
Viva L'Amor - Tess
Walking on Sunshine - Flip & Fill
When You're Gone (12" Club Mix) - Jackie 'O'
Your Song (Anthem Mix) - Obsession

We also have some exclusive content on the site and we will be having more soon. Be on the lookout for new tracks made just for our site from artist even you might know (like DM Ashura).

Last edited by Razma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Jukuguy
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Encore - Super High Quality Sims! Reply with quote

Very nice site! Can't wait to try out these simfiles.

Razma wrote:
So there aren't too many options for really high quality pad simfiles on the net. Even if you find them, odds are, they don't include double charts or even complete charts. DDR Encore has all of that, and we're constantly growing.

I could care less about Doubles charts but you are completely right. It always seem like a lot of people are from Bemanistyle or FFR who are rushing on making their simfiles. 75% of the time when I download simfiles on both of those sites, I only find a heavy/challenge chart with a pile of unnecessary quadrouple steps with stops, bombs, and out of nowhere 1/16ths, 1/24ths etc.. (I know people like a challenge, but at times I find a WTF? on my face whenever I play them).
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good website! High quality sims! Paddable steps! flash.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you guys' sims rock.

Listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about. I love their charts. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm actually impressed. These are high quality, professionally made simfiles. Definitely better than what Konami would make anyway.

Add King of Light to your team of sim artists. He makes DDR edits that are a little challenging, but tons of fun.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Razma
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge update and bump. We have a lot of new tracks and our forums are back up.

Be sure to check out one of our newest, House of Joy, from DDR Freak's very own VxJasonxV!

Last edited by Razma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the sims...high quality paddable sims are hard to come by! The Detonator was awesome.

It would have been really nice to have been able to download all of the simfiles (or possible all of the files in a season) as a pack though.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion. I'll get to work on that right now. E1.gif

Spork
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for full pack downloads, it's a possibility. I would be more inclined towards providing these (with courses for each season involved) if less people would just leech, and more people would actively comment and support us.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of problems with this, man.

I've already mentioned one of the problems with having people comment whenever they download a simfile. Most people usually close their web browser before opening Stepmania, meaning they'd have to open Stepmania, load the song, play the song, close Stepmania, open the web browser again, and navigate back to the simfile page again just to say "Good job!" or "This is terrible." It's just not worth the hassle for most people.

As for supporting the site, I've heard some stories about simfiles being rejected for completely arbitrary reasons. I can't personally corroborate these stories, but they seem believable enough - given the circumstances - to make me hesitate on putting time and effort into stepcharts for the site.

This is ESPECIALLY the case because I know many of the people working on the site, and there's just too few people judging. I'm hearing far too many stories where a person vetos a song simply because they "don't like that kind of music," or because "it has a double-step in it." Again, I'm not saying these stories are true, I'm saying they're enough to make me hesitate. It seems more like a political game than a legitimate quality control.

You know I wholeheartedly support your site, but these things make me leery about the process. Most (if not all) of the stepfiles allowed onto the site are basically from the guys that run it anyway. Maybe it's for the best, as there are some good charts there, but as you can see, it's a bit of a double-edged sword.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Spork
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand where you are coming from, and I think I know who you are talking about with the rejections. They were rejected for legitimate reasons, we are trying to keep up a certain level of quality control, though it is starting to slip, so the reasons that got previous songs rejected would not hold up anymore. Now, when songs are submitted for us to consider for the site, it's not just one person. A majority vote is done, after we all play it, and it's definitely not fun to have to decline anything, telling people their sim isn't good enough hurts, especially when it's just one serious aspect that gets it declined. Now, we've only gotten submissions from 2 people, in the 6 months that we've been open, and nothing has been approved, because yes, people would rather just do a small amount of work, and upload it to bemanistyle, where it will be buried in a sea of files that most people will never see. I'm not saying that "the guy" that told you those things does not have a point, nor am I saying that he did that himself, I definitely can see where he's coming from, but every decline has a reason, and it's not just one person. That's why we allow comments as well, if enough people don't like a sim, we can take it down, no reason to keep something up when it's just not up to par.

As for comments, I know most people will never visit us again, due to yeah, having to actually type in 17 characters to go to our website, and click a couple links. I know the average Stepmania player is more than lazy when it comes to that, however, it's a severe drag to have people just download everything, not say a single word about it, and then never visit us again. All that that makes you think is "OMG, it's terrible, I have no reason to go there again." If we provided a link to everything in a single pack there would be much more leeching, No one would download anything individually, and all we would be doing is making it a LOT easier for people to just download everything, use up our bandwidth, and then act like we don't exist from then on. Believe it or not, Encore is more about community than anyone would think, and when most people exclude themselves like they do, it discourages us.

/long post I never do
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the issue about bandwidth. Perhaps it is something you can tie into the point system you have on the forums (although I have no idea how you get points in the first place). Truth be told, though, I don't think that making the downloads easier is going to make anyone less likely to comment; on the contrary, I think the extra time it takes to download each individual file is going to turn people off to getting a sense for the big picture of how consistent the quality of your sims is.

On another note...finish the theme omg!
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
I understand the issue about bandwidth. Perhaps it is something you can tie into the point system you have on the forums (although I have no idea how you get points in the first place). Truth be told, though, I don't think that making the downloads easier is going to make anyone less likely to comment; on the contrary, I think the extra time it takes to download each individual file is going to turn people off to getting a sense for the big picture of how consistent the quality of your sims is.

On another note...finish the theme omg!

I can see where you are coming from. Tell you what, I will make packs, but you have to register to the forums to download it. Does that seem reasonable to you?

The theme should be done within a month. Issues with communication and lack of internet caused us to fall behind, but AFAIK, we're getting it done E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems perfectly reasonable, although I already downloaded all of the simfiles (and registered and commented on the forums), so it's more for the next person at the point E15.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if the person we're talking about was exaggerating because he got his feelings hurt from the song rejection. He has a tendency to think that people that disagree or disapprove of him do so for the wrong reasons, and usually acts like what they say makes no sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for you.

I wasn't saying that the site shouldn't be supported. I know for a fact that you and Razma (among others, but I know the two of you specifically) have poured your heart and soul into the project. I was just reporting back to you as a "devil's advocate," if you will. I'm still very leery when it comes to the whole "veto" thing (I'm usually suspicious when I hear that word), but I trust the quality of the project.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kommisar-5150-
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r21 freak has quality pad files...doubles as well =/
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kommisar-5150- wrote:
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

There's a forum for anyone to release their files in, as well as a forum for each of the "staff" members who are the elite steppers on the site.
not to mention the r2112 pack and the R21Twins pack.

A file (made by a non-staff member) is chosen every week or so and is highlighted in the "File of the Week" forum by a team of 4 people (myself included).
Anyone looking to improve their stepping abilities, or is just looking for some good files should definitely check this site out!
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kommisar-5150- wrote:

Thank you for being counter-productive to the thread.

Kommisar-5150-
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dont agree with the fact that you're saying there are hardly any quality pad sims and charts that lack doubles. this site has pretty much the best pad file artists worldwide with charts that are simply amazing.

i'm not dissing your site or anything. I'm just saying you should check other sites before saying selections suck everywhere. also your site doesn't support difficulties over 10, which isn't very challenging for the average itg player.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a couple things you seem to be missing the point here on, Kommisar. We are a DDR Style site, not ITG. Yes, well done ITG style charts can be made, and ARE out there, it's just not our style. Razma here has always had a grudge against ITG (and he's never given any of us a real reason behind it), and he doesn't look around online much for other sim sites, so it's kind of understandable when he says what he does. With doubles, however, look at pretty much every other site. Could you name anywhere other than R21freak where you can find doubles charts easily, and even then, ones that are not just completely autogen feeling? Bemanistyle, stepmania, and FFR; the three major sites all consistantly have either non-paddable or just nonsensical charts, have VERY few files with difficulties other than Heavy/Challenge (which is not very good for new players), and even fewer files that include doubles.

Mostly it's a matter of opinion. Since he is a co-founder of Encore, he's of course going to believe that our stuff is the best out there. You aren't going to enjoy the files as much as, say, a newer DDR Player that has never heard of or seen ITG, but there is no reason to appreciate any work that is done nonetheless. In the same manner, you've probably been with r21 freak for a while, sampled their files and enjoyed them immensely, but I am going to assume that you are more of an ITG player, so your opinion is going to be going towards their files and their sim artists.

I won't diss on R21 freak personally, after all, It's extremely rare to find an ITG machine out here in Colorado, but I can give it a shot, there is no reason to be prejudiced against it in either direction just because of what game or style of play it represents, for any of us.

Silly little web of opinions and beliefs, this would be.
/text wall
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: