Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

hands won't register

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syber_tyger
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: hands won't register Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm having some issues with my stepmania... probably has to do with my keyboard as well, but I'm not sure... I'm running an ITG2 theme, and with that, I also have a large amount of songs with hands... but I can't play them, because only some songs will actually register certain combinations of hands... I have Stepmania 3.95 CVS (last updated 6-19-2005) and my keyboard is a Micro Innovations Internet Access Elite Keyboard, version 3.5
any idea what the problem could be? I've tried turning NumLock off to see if it makes a difference, because I've heard that would help, but it made no difference...
View users profile Send private message
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely key locking. I have never heard of this with the arrows but I've never heard of your keyboard either.
QWERTYkid911
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most newer keyboards stop you from being able to hit more than 2 keys near each other. If you don't want to get a different one, try using two sets of arrow keys. Set both the up, left, right, and down arrows to those and the 5, 1, 3, 4 on the number pad respectively. It's like an index/spread hybrid and it fixes the problem you have, and it makes crossovers easier.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kommisar-5150-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try askl or zx,. for your setup. unless you find a gaming keyboard with really good key registry timing (in which case it would be even better to use a setup like nm,.) stick to the first ones i mentionned.
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to be honest, i'm kinda fond of the typical style of gameplay, and not a huge fan of index... it just doesn't feel right to me.... i guess i'll just have to dig around and find one of my older keyboards and hook 'er up for stepmania... i shouldn't have any problems then, should I? as long as i keep the numlock off, right?
syber_tyger
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I was wrong... I grabbed an older keyboard (it's a Belkin, for those of you curious types), and hooked it up to the computer, and still not registering hands... and if I hit up, down, and left at the same time, it beeps at me... yet if I hit up, down, and right at the same time it will still register...

if this is indeed keylocking, how in the bleeping bleep do I turn it off?
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hear beeps it is key locking. You need a different keyboard. I'm suprised your "old" one does the same thing, most old keyboards don't have locking.
syber_tyger
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ yeah i'm surprised too... I mean, just looking at this keyboard, it's practically ancient! there's a key on here that has me curious as well.. it's next to the right-hand side Shift key, and it says "super" on it...

I might have another keyboard, so i can probably try that one too... but maybe it's an issue with my motherboard?
HeavyD2
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own keyboard registers left.gif down.gif right.gif and down.gif up.gif right.gif on the arrow keys, but not the other hands. When my down arrow wore out I switched to Home/Del/End/PgDn, as I use either 3-finger (1-8 feet) or index (9 feet and above.) Those keys register left.gif down.gif right.gif and left.gif up.gif right.gif . What I do with the other hands right now is hit two of the keys at about an early Great, then let go and hit the other key or two as quickly as possible. It then registers the hand as pressed when the last key was hit. For those two-freeze/one-step hands, I let go of the freezes an instant before the step, hit the step and then hit the freezes again before they fade away. On Judge 4 you have a quarter of a second before you get the NG. When I have three or four freezes that won't all register at once, I treat them like weird rolls, hitting alternating 2-1 or 2-2 throughout - but I still sometimes lose one of the freezes. It's sort of like cheating the hands on a pad by moving your feet quickly enough for the three steps to count as pressed at once.
梅雨
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
If you hear beeps it is key locking. You need a different keyboard. I'm suprised your "old" one does the same thing, most old keyboards don't have locking.

Mine beeps when you press...

up.gifleft.gifdown.gif

left.gifup.gifright.gif

left.gifup.gifright.gifdown.gif

Any way to fix this without buying a new keyboard?

現在の固定観念 | HETEROCHROMIA

現在の固定観念 | NOBODY KNOWS/スガ シカオ
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kommisar-5150-
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

put qw89 as your setup. it shouldn't lock since they go through two different channels
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qw89? what setup? Dx

現在の固定観念 | HETEROCHROMIA

現在の固定観念 | NOBODY KNOWS/スガ シカオ
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HeavyD2
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keys Q, W, 8 and 9.
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are set on not playing split (askl, qw89, or something else), I don't believe there is a way to resolve this without a new keyboard.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: