Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

this years april fools joke...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MICHAEL IN A BOAT wrote:
That's Michael a la Mode.

Come on, seriously.
Really? Well, I should've known, seeing as the theme this year was Gold Rush. I was KINDA close, saying that it was beatmania related. Was that him at that Beatmania concert?
View users profile Send private message
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
GE0.
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was dumb.

You used April Fool's to prove a point?

... About a message board?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

43. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schupo wrote:
MICHAEL IN A BOAT wrote:
gay patrol wrote:
i think as a humorous part 2 to the april fools joke, the whole website should be permanetly deleted

I need to constantly remind myself and others that I have the power to take away their fun

I'm a big fat crybaby that can only troll others to have fun.

Cry harder, srsly.

And GE0, I used april fools to see exactly how pissed off a group of people would get when their beloved haven for attention-whoring, smugmastering, troll-festing, and whining was removed for a period of time. I'm impressed to a degree and still disappointed. I expected a lot more bawwing from certain people, to be honest.

You'll have your forum unlocked soon.
~Xx=STABMASTER-ARSON=xX~
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Making sweet sweet passionate love with my one and only :3c
44. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MICHAEL IN A BOAT wrote:
Schupo wrote:
MICHAEL IN A BOAT wrote:
gay patrol wrote:
i think as a humorous part 2 to the april fools joke, the whole website should be permanetly deleted

I need to constantly remind myself and others that I have the power to take away their fun

I'm a big fat crybaby that can only troll others to have fun.

Cry harder, srsly.

And GE0, I used april fools to see exactly how pissed off a group of people would get when their beloved haven for attention-whoring, smugmastering, troll-festing, and whining was removed for a period of time. I'm impressed to a degree and still disappointed. I expected a lot more bawwing from certain people, to be honest.

You'll have your forum unlocked soon.

I'm not really butthurt at all, honestly. I thought the joke was funny.
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MICHAEL IN A BOAT wrote:

Fighting fire with fire?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

46. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see your logic.
giuocob the night poster
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Based on my last known trajectory, somewhere over southeastern Tibet
47. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord Maximus wrote:
I don't see your logic.

He's calling you a crybaby/attention whore/troll. Clearly in the fascist government that is DDRFreak, he deserves to be banished forever.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

48. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giuocob wrote:
Overlord Maximus wrote:
I don't see your logic.

He's calling you a crybaby/attention whore/troll. Clearly in the fascist government that is DDRFreak, he deserves to be banished forever.

Tell me who the last person it is that I banned [aside from re-bans and spambots which would be the most recent otherwise] and tell me why I banned them.

Actually what's amusing is that I don't actually remember the last person I banned for serious aside from Kilroy. Maybe Devon and Daikenkai? I even let them back on; how funny is that? See what I did there?

And now that I think about it, yeah. I did attention-whore having a forum all to myself for a day. And if you count changing people's posts into oatmeal and a picture of a dead Simon Belmont from Castlevania 1, then yeah. That's trolling. I also made smug remarks about people being complete dickshits, I think. Did I butthurt? No. I don't do those things every day. A huge part of RC does. So butthurt just a little less.

In b4 schupo with "hurr hurr serious serious I have to hide behind being a jokester when I don't have a real point to make"
UncertainKitten
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good trick. I enjoyed the sticky spamming, Michael E1.gif

Just so he'll change his name.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
.a
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord Maximus wrote:
Tell me who the last person it is that I banned [aside from re-bans and spambots which would be the most recent otherwise] and tell me why I banned them.

Since there's no global message of "user x was banned by mod y" or "user x just got warning points from mod y", I can't tell you. I can tell you that you respond to a lot of harmless joking with "if you dont shut up i'm going to ban you" and you expect people to realize you're not being serious. You turn srsly mode on and off whenever it appeals to you - when someone thinks you're being serious, clearly you were joking. When someone thinks its joke time, time to threaten the banhammer.

Just let people have their fun and, unless they're really doing something disruptive (spamming), leave them alone. You don't have to constantly remind us all that you're a mod. Whooo you get to ban people from a dance dance message board way to go
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord Maximus wrote:
Actually what's amusing is that I don't actually remember the last person I banned for serious aside from Kilroy. Maybe Devon and Daikenkai? I even let them back on; how funny is that? See what I did there?
From what I remember, you banned Daikenkai (we ALL wanted him banned), then people wanted Devon back (there was a petition thread on Feedback), & I think you guys allowed him back, but w/ 8 warning points......But he's banned again w/ 10 points.

I still wanna know who came up w/ the idea.
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

52. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schupo wrote:
I can tell you that you respond to a lot of harmless joking with "if you dont shut up i'm going to ban you" and you expect people to realize you're not being serious. You turn srsly mode on and off whenever it appeals to you - when someone thinks you're being serious, clearly you were joking. When someone thinks its joke time, time to threaten the banhammer.

Go find an example of that and I'll happily agree with you. I don't see a ban threat in three pages (yeah there's one in this thread but I've already given him points and told him to fuck off in other subforums before). I see a threat to rape you in your cornholes (literally) on page 4 but I'm pretty sure that should be taken jokingly considering how I locked all the rest of the threads near there. Actually I don't see much of anything up til when you started bitching about how serious I am and I gave you points for pushing it (which I imagine is the reason you're bringing this up).

And you know what's funny? I've eased up on you guys a hell of a lot since then to let you have some playtime. So I take your current point as invalid.

Also:

schupo wrote:
Whooo you get to ban people from a dance dance message board way to go

Believe me when I say that my e-peen is big enough without this job. And you guys seem to worry about yours so much.
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

53. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku wrote:
Overlord Maximus wrote:
From what I remember, you banned Daikenkai (we ALL wanted him banned), then people wanted Devon back (there was a petition thread on Feedback), & I think you guys allowed him back, but w/ 8 warning points......But he's banned again w/ 10 points.

I still wanna know who came up w/ the idea.

Yeah I let Devon back on. I pretty much did the entire thing with Devon and Daikenkai. I actually thought gay patrol was Devon for awhile but his method of douchebaggery is a little different. Daikenkai's back too but he knows not to fuck around like last time.
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Discoman is running a lot of the DDR Freak circus (not just Random Chat) without much help. Given this site's penchant for attracting people from the "IQ of 70 but able to use the Internet" contingent, that's not exactly a small task. I honestly don't think he's stricter than other RC mods were.
~Xx=STABMASTER-ARSON=xX~
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Making sweet sweet passionate love with my one and only :3c
55. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamebait wrote:
Honestly, Discoman is running a lot of the DDR Freak circus (not just Random Chat) without much help. Given this site's penchant for attracting people from the "IQ of 70 but able to use the Internet" contingent, that's not exactly a small task. I honestly don't think he's stricter than other RC mods were.

2 or 3 points for posting a photo of my wang. Discoman is the awesomest mod ever.
Staff Member
Staff Member

56. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are going to WAH WAH WAH no matter how strict or lenient you are. You can't win. E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell can anyone complain about the modding being too strict. If anything it's not strict enough. A thread gets locked now and then, but it seems pretty rare for people to actually get points.
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind point not worth making

still weak AFD thing though
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

59. PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emo Bisexual Tranny wrote:
never mind point not worth making

still weak AFD thing though

I believe it was you who suggested I lock the whole thing; didn't think you'd whine even after I did it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: