Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band to come out for Wii

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Rock Band to come out for Wii Reply with quote

Harmonix announced on March 24 plans to release Rock Band on the Nintendo Wii for the suggested retail price of $169.99. Rock Band for Wii will be released as a Special Edition bundle including the software, drums, microphone and a wireless guitar. Stand alone instruments will also be available on June 22nd for people who want to build their band one instrument at a time or want to play the drum versus drum game mode. The game will feature 63 songs including five bonus songs for Wii gamers to enjoy.

You can now preorder Rock Band (Wii) on Amazon!

Last edited by J Dogg on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear what the 5 "bonus" songs will be.

Download content info here
View users profile Send private message
T-14
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said "If it were to come out on Wii, I would get it" So, YAY!
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I can't wait to not be able to download songs! It's all the fun of the PS2 version with new, marginally-better-but-still-last-gen graphics! YEEEAAAH!

...yeah, not quite sure why this is being released.
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immense fail for shitty PS2 port, which was a shitty port to start with. Lazy devs are lazy. Move along, nothing to see here.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized,

...no, they seem about as "realized" as they're ever going to get, AMIRITE?

anyway, at least my friend who only has a wii can enjoy the game now...
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still plan on getting a 360 in the hopefully not too distant future.

As much as I love my Wii.....if its not getting DLC love I'll go somewhere else for it (I must have Still Alive)
hi i'm Lain
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: back when ddrfreak was cool oh wait it was never cool
7. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the fuck would you ever get this over the 360 OR PS3 version

ever

EVER

oh hey lets pay full price for a game with retardedly limited replay value in comparison to the robust and ever expanding songlists of the 360 and PS3 version

NO DOUBT GET LOUD I BE KICKING YOUR NEIGHBOR
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, why does everyone think its impossible to download to download things on wii when there's already hundreds of games on the virtual console and wii ware coming out soon. harmonix just did the easy thing and ported the PS2 version. But who cares, the wii versions gonna sell the best regardless of what we say.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
~Xx=STABMASTER-ARSON=xX~
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Making sweet sweet passionate love with my one and only :3c
9. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i'm Lain wrote:
why the fuck would you ever get this over the 360 OR PS3 version

ever

EVER

oh hey lets pay full price for a game with retardedly limited replay value in comparison to the robust and ever expanding songlists of the 360 and PS3 version

BUT NINTENDO MADE IT SO IT MUST BE GOOD *garobble garobble*
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_jpoppyz_ wrote:
ok, why does everyone think its impossible to download to download things on wii when there's already hundreds of games on the virtual console and wii ware coming out soon. harmonix just did the easy thing and ported the PS2 version. But who cares, the wii versions gonna sell the best regardless of what we say.

Um, downloading a rom, which depending on the console can range from from a few kilobytes to around 15 megabytes is a bit different than actual game DLC. Go to the Xbox Live Marketplace, go to a song pack and see how big it is. My 360 is at my dorm and it's spring break, so I can't access it right now, but I want to say it was like 60 MB for a 3 song pack.

Not to mention, Nintendo is guaranteed to completely butcher the online somehow, just like everything else they've ever done with the Internet.

But yeah, you have a point, people will buy it. I suppose it's a good business move by them, considering that people are fucking beyond stupid.

Last edited by Flameboat on Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_jpoppyz_ wrote:
But who cares, the wii versions gonna sell the best regardless of what we say.

i highly and completely disagree with this.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This release is targeted at people that own a Wii but no 360/PS3, and that's a LOT more people than you think. Obviously everyone in this thread will think this release is a terrible idea, but I'm sure nearly all of them already own or want a 360 and/or PS3 so the point is moot. They're releasing it because it's an easy business decision.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyBum wrote:
This release is targeted at people that own a Wii but no 360/PS3, and that's a LOT more people than you think.

not when you also include PS2, which is practically identical to the Wii version: shitty visuals and no DLC. and there are a lot more PS2s around than Wiis.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference is that wii owners will eat this poopy up. Look at guitar hero 3. The wii version was technically inferior to the 360 and PS3 versions, yet its sold like hotcakes. Wii owners love getting new controllers and stuff and rock band fits the "get the family to play" bill perfectly. the wii version will do great, don't even deny it. I just expected harmonix to be better about this, seeing as their previous ports have optimized the system(Guitar Hero 2 on 360 felt like it was retooled and made specefically for the 360). I'm willing to bet if this sells well enough tho, that harmonix will make expansion disks .

don't act like DLC on the wii is impossible. The wii has SD cards, and 4 GB would easily hold more than enough for just about anyone. if downloadable content exists on PSP theres no reason the wii cant have it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_jpoppyz_ wrote:
the wii version will do great, don't even deny it.

oh and im sure it will do great. just like how mc donalds does great in food sales.

Quote:
don't act like DLC on the wii is impossible. The wii has SD cards, and 4 GB would easily hold more than enough for just about anyone. if downloadable content exists on PSP theres no reason the wii cant have it.

except you can't actually RUN anything off of those memory cards. you have to transfer data back and forth and it will only run data from the built in wii system memory.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And GH3 for the Wii has online play AND upcoming DLC...

Good job, Harmonix. disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "bonus" songs have been announced:

"Dirty Little Secret" - The All American Rejects
"Don't Look Back in Anger" - Oasis
"Roam" - The B-52's
"Rockaway Beach" - The Ramones
"Roxanne" - The Police

Yeah, they're all songs that you can download on Xbox Live/PSN.
View users profile Send private message
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, no extra boston or metallica, and they don't get the good oasis songs...
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehh, the bonus songs arent bad(aside from dirty little secrets....ugh), but i was hoping the least they'd do is release new content on the wii thren throw it on a live marketplace/PSN a month later just so wii owners can feel cool.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: