Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Idea on how to get stickies more noticed

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Idea on how to get stickies more noticed Reply with quote

Well since new members never post in stickies (especially in Bemani Controllers) I had an idea where all the stickies are a different color (perhaps red?) so they'll stand out. Additionally, if we put at the top of each board a notice at the top of each board reading "Gonna post a new thread? Check the stickies first to see if your question has been answered, or if there's a sticky for that topic," except make it visible only to light members. But make the font size larger than the rest of didderfreak so it'll stand out. That is all.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like my eyes not to bleed everytime I open DDR Freak thank you very much.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Idea on how to get stickies more noticed Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Well since new members never post in stickies (especially in Bemani Controllers) I had an idea where all the stickies are a different color (perhaps red?) so they'll stand out. Additionally, if we put at the top of each board a notice at the top of each board reading "Gonna post a new thread? Check the stickies first to see if your question has been answered, or if there's a sticky for that topic," except make it visible only to light members. But make the font size larger than the rest of didderfreak so it'll stand out. That is all.

I tried on BC for quite a while.

Damnit.
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Idea on how to get stickies more noticed Reply with quote

Discoman wrote:
videoCWK wrote:

I tried on BC for quite a while.

Damnit.

I don't follow.

And what if instead of red we did something else to make them stand out? A darker shade of blue wouldn't kill your eyes and it'd stand out, what you thinks of that?
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJTyrant wrote:
I'd like my eyes not to bleed everytime I open DDR Freak thank you very much.

Maybe we could do without the huge text, but what's wrong with dying the sticky icon a different color?
View users profile Send private message
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge text = no

Different color to make them stand out = yes

Perhaps mark the threads w/ the "new post in thread", but have the color different.
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku wrote:
Huge text = no

Different color to make them stand out = yes

Perhaps mark the threads w/ the "new post in thread", but have the color different.

I don't know if that'd get as much of a reaction.
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do i!!!!!!!!!!!! E19.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

8. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take notice to the last post date before you post. There is no need to bump the topic with that comment.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: