Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need some help with a Dance Maniax machine

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorisLock
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Need some help with a Dance Maniax machine Reply with quote

I just received and put together a Dance Maniax 2nd mix machine. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the screen, which does not show anything. I turned on the On/Off switch in the front and the On/Off switch in the back bottom corner. Is there a switch I am missing, or some hard-to-find wiring I missed?
I see that there is a monitor input port on the CD rom drive, but I've searched and there doesn't seem to a cable coming from the monitor to plug into it, so I'm guessing it's irrelevant...

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Darnit...this happens with every arcade machine I buy...It can never be simple...
View users profile Send private message
MonMotha
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it play blind? That is, does the game run with no video? You should be able to (eventually; it takes a while to start up) put credits on it and start a game. If attract sound happens to be on, you should be able to hear attract mode. Lights should flash.

If it plays blind, you have a monitor issue. If it doesn't play blind, you have a power issue somewhere. You have to answer that question first because it changes the direction of troubleshooting.

Having arcade machines but no means to troubleshoot them is risky business. You'll learn quickly, let me assure you. They break in subtle ways, especially older ones, more often than you might think.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: