Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

what do uthink when uwatch people suuck while w8ing4 ur turn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FujiFlame
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutesauce wrote:
WHEN I AM ABOUT TO PLAY AND THERE ARE NOOBS ON THE PAD AND I AM WAITING I AM THINKING LIKE OH MY GOD YOU SUCK LET PLAY I AM SO MUCH MORE DESERVING THAN YOU I JUST WANT TO PLAY A 9-FOOTER AND LOOK COOL WHILE I STEP ON ARROWS GOOD And FAST PLEASE WATCH ME PLAY I HAVE NO FRIENDS DON'T LEAVE BEFORE I PLAY MAX 300 IT IS REALLY FAST WATCH MY FEETS PLOX

Dude...get out of my head.

Seriously.

They're thoughts I don't enforce, but they're there. Every bit of it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the people suck and they aren't fat smelly goths or furries, then I don't care.
We all sucked at one point.
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, take Konoko, and put it on 3x sudden shuffle or 1x hidden shuffle. If you AAA it, let me know. Otherwise, AAAing it normally isn't impressive.

If anyone AAA'd Konoko Expert here in WV, I bet you it would be breaking news. I am saying this only because in WV compared to most of the bigger states, we aren't as good. I will admit that I can't AA FELMO, beat Legend Road, or heck even beat Max 300 (I'm coming out of hiatus one more time and I will not quitting playing until I at least beat it).

I have heard from many fellow players that only 5-8 (this was a year ago) players in WV could clear Legend Road or Boss Rush IV. One of those guys went to MIT and hasn't been seen again since that.

But the point is that Beginner and Heavy/Maniac/Expert/Oni players should be able to play in peace on the same machine.

Also, watching someone on the brink of failure takes the mind off of yourself and on the player on the machine. I cheer for them and if they pass or not I give them kind words, unlike the following:

Quote:
WHEN I AM ABOUT TO PLAY AND THERE ARE NOOBS ON THE PAD AND I AM WAITING I AM THINKING LIKE OH MY GOD YOU SUCK LET PLAY I AM SO MUCH MORE DESERVING THAN YOU I JUST WANT TO PLAY A 9-FOOTER AND LOOK COOL WHILE I STEP ON ARROWS GOOD And FAST PLEASE WATCH ME PLAY I HAVE NO FRIENDS DON'T LEAVE BEFORE I PLAY MAX 300 IT IS REALLY FAST WATCH MY FEETS PLOX

Watching somebody almost fail to do something properly (anything in life)is like watching a train wreck. You cringe while watching but can't turn away. You pray that the passengers will make it out OK.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I live in West Virginia, which I am guessing is not as big on Dance Dance Revolution as other states are considering the fewer number of arcade machines located in the state compared to others. I can pass Max 300 heavy only on the hand controller and I could not pass any heavy/expert songs even with the hand controller a year ago. I would love to meet you, evilkoala, as I need to learn more about the game and how to improve. Oddly, I do not believe I have ever seen anyone outperform me on a Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine in West Virginia. On three occassions (one not in West Virgina although very close), people have invited me to play versus with them, and I recall a couple times (not counting my mom and I taking a friend to GattiLand last Monday;D) I have invited people to play versus with me (actually, one said something about challenging me to a game to which I replied that she was very welcome to play me). I guess I am just eager to share what I know with any less experienced players I see start a game in hopes of making myself useful -- that is bascially my attitude towards inexperienced players. I also like to watch players as insanely skilled at the game as you guys are in action (GattiLand and Incredible Dave's are the only locations I recall actually seeing players outperform me in real life). I guess the reasons I am so eager to watch and advise inexperienced players is due to my own personal insecurities (I have never been good at anything, so I am eager to share something I know at least a little about) and lack of social interaction (I do not get to hang out with people as often as I would like).

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolwut
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize evilkoala is djbulldog, so I apologize for bothering you with my nonsense again. Still, I would love to meet anyone from this site or even anyone who is not. If I ever encounter anyone like any of you in an arcade, I shall be the "noob" who sucks that is playing while the not as bad player waits his/her turn. If such an event ever happened, I would greatly appreciate any advice, criticism, help, or even extensions/offers of friendship E13.gif Of course, the house where I currently reside is about an hour drive from Charleston, West Virginia, so I always have to make special trips to visit arcades. If I did not make it clear in previous posts, my feelings toward less experienced players are excitement/eagerness to help them and possibly talk to them about the game (I do not personally know anyone who is into the game as much as I am or who can outperform me). I suppose I do not mind waiting, for I know I shall get a turn eventually. If I ever visited a machine without getting a chance to play, I would be disappointed, but it would be okay because I can always play at home -- I would not be upset with people who play to the point I do not get a turn, for they deserve to play, too.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
eflatmajor
Basic Member
Basic Member

66. PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an arcade, put your coin on the machine and find something else to do for 6-8 minutes.
View users profile Send private message
feelingzwontfade
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't make me angry but it makes me somewhat impatient. But still i'm kind of like "OMG PLZ FAIL KTHX YES, JUST A FEW MORE ALMOSTS AND IT'S MY TURN. OMG WHY WON"T YOU DIIIIIIEEEEE". It annoys me much more when people who think they're amazing are playing when i'm actually better then them but they hog the machine anyway.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I'll probably wander off and do something else, unless I like the song.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
evilkoala
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did not realize evilkoala is djbulldog, so I apologize for bothering you with my nonsense again.

It is not nonsense, man. I agree with you 100% with what you said. If there were a lot more people like you, I would try to start playing again (I haven't played in a decently long while = Guitar Hero E15.gif ).

I do apologize if I said anything before that ticked people off. I never mean to do it, but back when I was playing I had less sense than I did now.
ilostthegame
Basic Member
Basic Member

70. PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, seriously, we need to let this thread die...If you want to discuss thoughts when waiting for your turn, let's make a new thread that's not bashing the players that aren't as good as some of the more experienced ones . Seriously, just let this die. frust.gif
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or at least change the title to English.
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lul, insulting new players is a great way to help an already small community get new blood! I love having new players in the arcade, it's fun to see people try to get themselves better and I really like talking with people about ITG/DDR/PIU no matter the skill level.

Oh actually, one newb thing I hate is when people play 5+ min songs, fail, but still bs through the song. Now that's irritating.
Russo`
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Winner of the thread. Couldn't agree much more.
I love this dancing to death. I'm striving to become the best, will I accomplish this? We will have to see. Be sure to watch out for my simfiles, videos, and posting new groovestats scores from day to day or something. I Will become the best.
E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Ineffable
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never hate on my friends while playing DDR unless we want a little friendly competition but, there is no competition amongst my friends yet. When we invite our friends over we try to help them improve by giving pointers and advice on how to stand on the mat. (EVERYONE begins by standing in the middle and trying to return to the middle after every note lol).
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this thread applies to home pads.

But honestly I hate waiting my turn when people that don't even know how to play the game are hopping around on the pad... Just wasting my time and everyone elses.
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. Assuming this isn't a troll, they have every much a right as you to be playing. They paid the money, it's their shot.

Although something I do hate is people failing/finishing their rounds and then swiping their card/inserting more coins knowing full well you're behind them and have been waiting. After this happens a few times I end up walking off and coming back later. I mean surely the concept of turns isn't that hard to grasp?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tats
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they're wearing pants that jingle and jangle and sport Naruto head bands, they do not have a right to play.
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITED FOR NO REAL REASON

So they don't have a right to play just because they don't like what you like? Don't get me wrong, I hate Naruto and I hate those super baggy Tripp pants too, but not everyone who wears stuff like that are annoying brats.

Just about 75% of them are.
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PureBlue wrote:
EDITED FOR NO REAL REASON

So they don't have a right to play just because they don't like what you like? Don't get me wrong, I hate Naruto and I hate those super baggy Tripp pants too, but not everyone who wears stuff like that are annoying brats.

Just about 75% of them are.

I dunno, man. If I were watching a bunch of teenagers wearing Naruto headbands (half of them having the symbol crossed out) and Tripp pants and playing songs like Doll and Xepher while talking about pownage (on Standard) when I am up next, I'd pass. No offense to them or anything, but they're like crowd deflectors. Even if they don't talk about pownage.

I've had it happen a year ago.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: