Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Post a pic of your pad!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devosbi
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive feedback, its getting there slowly, im screwing MDF rails to the base which takes ages (im also using liquid nails to keep them there E10.gif) Once thats done, im going to recut the arrows so they fit (bit of sanding), then make the sensors which is pretty straight forward. I have made sure there is a 10mm gap in there for my sensor, which is 7mm thick, but luckily, the thickness of the bracket is 3mm so it sits a tiny bit underneath the metal panels, then i can put the arrows on and do some testing.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SML2.THV wrote:

Just my plain ol' 2" Blueshark with the back plate taken off so I could attach a bar thumb.gif I've gotten 70 AAA's on this pad so far. I also
passed my first 11 (Charlene, no bar even!) on it when I first
got it back in December, which was a big deal, since I weigh like 800 pounds. E13.gif
What material did you use for that bar? Do you have to take off the back plate or can you just screw it into the pad?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxx freak wrote:
SML2.THV wrote:
[img]nice Blueshark[/img]

Just my plain ol' 2" Blueshark with the back plate taken off so I could attach a bar thumb.gif I've gotten 70 AAA's on this pad so far. I also
passed my first 11 (Charlene, no bar even!) on it when I first
got it back in December, which was a big deal, since I weigh like 800 pounds. E13.gif
What material did you use for that bar? Do you have to take off the back plate or can you just screw it into the pad?

It looks like he used good ol' steel plumbing pipe. 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" pipe is best (1-1/2" is authentic), you can get a 6' length, a 12-14" nipple (short piece, perv), two elbows, and two base flanges (where he screwed it into the base) for about $30-$45. I'm not sure why he removed the base, if you're willing to pre-drill the metal you can mount the bar on top of it and it will look much nicer. A sharp drill bit slightly bigger than the threads on the screws will do the trick.

DancingTofu(SMC) wrote:
I WOULD EAT THOSE PANELS WITH CHOCOLATE AND WHIPPED CREAM.

Seriously, those panels look SLICK (in a good way). I hope they keep that look to them.

Was that directed at me? If so, thanks. They should keep that look after 3 or 4 coats of enamel. If you've ever seen brushed metal like that in restaurants or stores, the surface generally doesn't wear down at all. I thought about hard-brushing my initials onto the center panel but figured it would be tacky.
View users profile Send private message
SML2.THV
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szalkow is mostly right, I used base flanges, but then I just stuck two sticks of wood into them, and slapped on the bar from my old TX-whatever XD. It would be easy to tell if I didn't have the towel over the bar, since there's a black grip on the bar. But piping will work just as well. Oh, and maxx freak, you don't have to take off the back plate, I just did so it doesn't hurt the pad cosmetically if I decide to sell it.

EDIT: There is a video on my YouTube account where i go slightly into detail if anyone wants to see how it's actually set up.
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just had an idea for adding the bar to the BS..

basically, take off the back panel like he did, attach the flanges..here's where it's different:
drill the holes bigger on the back panel so the bar and flange will fit through it. *shrug* sounds easy, but i'm it wouldnt be if anyone tried E15.gif
but yeah, i have a TX style pad i just fixed up for a guy, i'll get some pix of that later
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slvershdw, that's a really good idea. My dad and I thought of it, but I talked him into doing something simpler E10.gif. Just to clarify, do you mean so that only the narrow parts of the flanges are visible, and when you flip the pad over, the wider parts are visible? (Sorry to put it in such simple terms, I just wanna be clear E1.gif)
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like, the flanges are completely hidden. you cut the wood from the back panel out so the flanges go inside it.

hopefully thats clear enough riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

87. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see it now. Seriously though, that's a good idea, since it would eliminate the need for adjusting height and you could just build a bar according to the bar dimensions on a DDR machine, or whatever. E4.gif
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, forgot to get pics before i gave the pad to the other guy, but here is a pic of it in action!

i have no idea who took it, but yeah.
all i did was cut new lexan panels and print new graphics.
what does everyone think of the ITG arrows with white background?

Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was this?
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was sunday the 10th, san antonio texas, during san japan. (anime convention explains the chii ears and the hair)
PS, they had smile.dk live for a concert, and it actually was VERY good. E4.gif

why do you ask?
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hay.
Modded soft pad.
I've AAA'd a bunch of DDR 9s like Cartoon Heroes -Heavy- and Xepher -Heavy- on it.
I've passed all of the ITG 12s on it too.
It's an awesome pad, I just wish it had brackets so I could stream better.
The chair is wrapped in a sweatshirt so I don't slip. E4.gif

Machine tags:
ITG:JSTR DDR:JESTER
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j1ng
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j1ng wrote:

E1.gif

How are those Nexens anyways?

Machine tags:
ITG:JSTR DDR:JESTER
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j1ng
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels as solid as arcade pads. and just as sensitive.
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sooooooo badly wish they did Nexens in Europe. The Blueshark 2" with no bar costs 299 EUR (not even including shipping) which is wayyyy too much..
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j1ng wrote:
It feels as solid as arcade pads. and just as sensitive.

Play on it for a few weeks, and if the control box plug doesn't become loose from the pad, come tell us please. If these last now then they'll be a great alternative to the non-existent Bluesharks.

EDIT: Wait... The X/B and O/A buttons look like they're raised... I thought the top corners on the Nexen weren't raised...
j1ng
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there not raised just the back and center.
Basic Member
Basic Member

98. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check it, finished it like a year ago, still working

ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought twenty 2x4's, eighteen 2x6's, 25' of steel bracing, and six 8'x4'x1/2" plywood panels. I got 4/4 bases, 4.5/4 wiring layers, 4/4 back panels, and 21/36 panels cut today; going to hopefully get the guts cut tomorrow, lay all the wires and sensors and get them put together on Thursday, attach all the wires and metal plating on Friday, make my control boxes on Saturday, build my two cabinet frames on Sunday, sell my bass and buy the materials for 3 more bars and a bunch of paint for the cabinets on Monday, see about borrowing some money to add the finishing touches (plexiglas for the cabinets, another pair of speakers so I can have 2 per cabinet) and afford to do trivial things like eat on Wednesday, sleep on Thursday, drag the cabs and pads to a convention on Friday, run a series of tournaments on Saturday to market them, take commissions (aiming for at least 10) on Sunday, give away one of the cabinets and all 4 pads as prizes on Monday, then get working on those commissions!

Er. . . pics of progress tomorrow.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: