Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band discussion thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spammit
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing rockband drums feels like such a downgrade after playing Drummania for so long >_<

I mades me a groovestats: http://groovestats.com/?page=profile&id=6032
My IIDX and DM videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Spammit
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no drum mania machines around me without going wildly out of the way :-/

though, i will say i enjoy the rock band song list better. but drum placement is utterly terrible :-/
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the snare on the left is definitely wtf-worthy... other than that it isn't too bad though.

Got mine on Saturday; haven't played a lot yet (like 2 hours or so) but it's a lot of fun. It does show that they have more experience with guitars than the other instruments, but it's still kickass to have all these things in one game.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm really pleased with a lot of the drum note charts. there are plenty that are both fun and challanging. maybe not TTFATF hard, but i dont care about that kind of crap anyway. move along expert is probably my favorite song to play on drums so far; because it has a lot of hand crossovers. limelight is also very good, as is flirtin with disaster; each on expert. enter sandman is probably the easiest "hard" expert song because all the beats are really straightforward. i could 100% it if it werent for dropped notes on a blue drum roll.

what i wished most is that they would take the songs from rock band and work them onto a drum mania arcade machine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
well i'm really pleased with a lot of the drum note charts. there are plenty that are both fun and challanging. maybe not TTFATF hard, but i dont care about that kind of crap anyway. move along expert is probably my favorite song to play on drums so far; because it has a lot of hand crossovers. limelight is also very good, as is flirtin with disaster; each on expert. enter sandman is probably the easiest "hard" expert song because all the beats are really straightforward. i could 100% it if it werent for dropped notes on a blue drum roll.

what i wished most is that they would take the songs from rock band and work them onto a drum mania arcade machine.

i'm really suprised that EA/Harmonix/Anyone hasnt announced some sorta deluxe drum set. Clearly, the boxed one isn't good enough for the hardest stuff in this game, so i think a $150 drum set might have some serious potential. IT may just be because its first run equipment, take a look at first gen guitar hero controls and look at them now. Serious improvements. Be patient, im sure the later drum sets will be better and maybe if we're lucky we'll get a deluxe drum set.

Or maybe drum hero will come out and since redoctane clearly wins at making good periphirials, the drum set will rock(lol pun). Unless activision decides to be pricks about it and makes it so the drum set only works on drum hero games.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Rockstar
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having some trouble with the drum fills and vocals being noticeably out of sync, but after some reading on rockband.com, I turned off Dolby Digital and it's now much smoother.

Of course, I prefer the full on surround sound and all but until Harmonix patches it, I'm gonna live without it.

So far I'm liking the drums a lot, even though I'm no drummer...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they would allow you to arrange the drum pads freely on the pseudo-rack that would be awesome

I feel like I'm playing the quads with a bass pedal they should have more drumline songs

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockstar wrote:
I was having some trouble with the drum fills and vocals being noticeably out of sync, but after some reading on rockband.com, I turned off Dolby Digital and it's now much smoother.

Of course, I prefer the full on surround sound and all but until Harmonix patches it, I'm gonna live without it.

So far I'm liking the drums a lot, even though I'm no drummer...

i get the feeling rock band was slightly rushed to get out for christmas. Don't get me wrong, i love the game, but i can't help but notice the clumsy online, subpar controllers, lack of BWT online, and a few questionable note charts(though not nearly as questionable as GH3).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh.... what questionable note charts?
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCirQKz1so

end of thread.

Ok, more on topic... My friends and I are Pixelface Cart. And I'm the vocalist. We really need a better drummer, though (our drummer could take the place of our bassist, then)...

Either way, we still finished the Endless Setlist all on expert, and currently have #1 on Roam. E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opethian wrote:
if they would allow you to arrange the drum pads freely on the pseudo-rack that would be awesome

I feel like I'm playing the quads with a bass pedal they should have more drumline songs
That's pretty much how it is. If there were just a pad in the center where the snare is supposed to be it would feel much more natural.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i got my new drum set(it came in 2 days, wow), and its a hell of a lot better than my old one. I noticed a few differences between it and my old one, such as the actual pad is recessed a lot more from the plastic edge and it seems like these go down farther. It's a little weird to adjust(kinda like how adjusting to the guitar hero 2 360 controller was from the standard SG), but im pretty much used to it and the pads are a hell of a lot more sensitive now. I have noticed a few bass pedal problems tho, so i think i might have to mode that because i hated the stock pedal anyway.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beat expert drum tour today. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Which is Harder to do on ROCK BAND?... Reply with quote

Hey Cfusionpm!...

I'm trying to figure out which is harder to don by yourself: Playing Bass & singing Vocals at the same time? Playing Drums & singing Vocals at the same time? Or playing Guitar & singing Vocals at the same time? Just wondering...Please Reply, Over! Thanks!...

tempest6
View users profile Send private message Send email
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drums and singing is BY FAR the hardest, IMO. singing and either bass or guitar isnt too bad if you know the song's lyrics pretty well already. but what's GOTTA be hard is playing guitar while playing drums AMIRITE??
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
drums and singing is BY FAR the hardest, IMO. singing and either bass or guitar isnt too bad if you know the song's lyrics pretty well already. but what's GOTTA be hard is playing guitar while playing drums AMIRITE??
This is true in real life as well. Drummers who sing are virtually unheard of. It has mainly due to the fact that hitting drums makes it very difficult to control your breathing (every time you hit something you will tend to increase in volume sharply for a bit).
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic win

and some old scores from a while ago, which are still pretty high in leaderboards:

...still waiting for the leaderboards to update with the scores from today...
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it goes again 100% 5 gold stars: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VyspJ_q1_MA
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone hacked their timing windows

haha gj, I'm not that good at drums frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite of the DLC for this week: Call Me

and my 2nd favorite from last week: Piece of Mind

i have a ton of new gold stars too, and i wanted to record a gold star run of More Than A Feeling (since its amazing fun on drums) but i couldnt put together a clean run for video...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: