2. Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 pm Post subject:
Bump = Totally worth it.
So, um, I got Phase.
Here is the stuff:
1. If you are lazy, and don't feel like unlocking Expert and Insane Mode, get/make/edit some 30 or so second song, upload 5 copies it it to your Phase Playlist, and then don't give a crap except for the last 2 rounds on Marathon.
A. Erase everything from your song Playlist
B. Upload a 30 second repetitive song. Why: It makes it so its only 1 checkpoint
C. Make 4 more copies of it, bring it to 5 total. Why: Marathon mode requires 5 songs.
D. Ignore the 3 first rounds if you want.
E. When it comes to the last 2, suppose you have to get 4 or 5 stars... you always start with 3 lives, so you will want to get 1 or 2 stars.
2. Gameplay Learning curve: Easy.
3. The streams are based on the absolute location of your finger, not the relative. Say the stream goes from the left to the middle. Instead of being able to move it from, say, 3oclock to 6oclock, or whatever, you move it from 9oclick to 12oclock. Good feature.
4. Insane mode and Expert mode suck. I have played 6 songs with these, and the steps are no different from the hard mode. Its like to make heavy or oni mode, you take the same steps from standard, but make it so to pass you need a full combo. Not cool.
5. The system doesn't have the "Perfect", "Great", "Good", "Almost", "Boo" rating. Instead, its either you hit it or miss. Not challenging.
6. The checkpoint system is annoying, since it gives down time, a pause. I'd rather have it keep going and going.
I'd have to give this a rating of: 7/10
It makes a great game, and is addicting on the go. However, don't bother with unlocking Expert and Insane mode, unless you are a perfect attacker. Also, the steps are rather easy to do, and the checkpoint system is lame.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum