Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt flux screw help

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquistador
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Cobalt flux screw help Reply with quote

Sup guys my cobalt flux's screw holes are stripped to the border line that a screw hole can be stripped and im talking about almost every single one of them. And yes i have tried the wood glue + tooth pick method but the screws keep flying out every time i play a 10 or higher. if anyone could give me any tips on how to stop these screws from flying out please tell me. (and please no dumb solutions like putting liquid metal in the screw holes)
View users profile Send private message
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best suggestion I've heard is to drill the screw holes all the way through and put bolts in them. You'd put them in with the heads facing up, and (I assume) make a larger hole around each bolt hole on the underside, just deep enough to keep the nut from pressing into the ground.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Conquistador
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
The best suggestion I've heard is to drill the screw holes all the way through and put bolts in them. You'd put them in with the heads facing up, and (I assume) make a larger hole around each bolt hole on the underside, just deep enough to keep the nut from pressing into the ground.

would that indeed make the cleaning a bit hard?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. You'd just have to flip your CF upside down and unscrew all the nuts. Then you'd flip it back over, and the lexan panels would either stay on or remain on the ground (depending on how tightly the bolts fit in the holes). I don't think it would take much extra time.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play barefoot you're going to bruise or even break your heel playing on that. I simply replaced the screws on the center panel of my Flux with some with a slightly less flat head and my heel still hurts from a Max 300 accident 3-4 weeks ago.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conquistador
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really know what to do cause the bolt thing might mess up the arcade mod thing i have on order. and to be honest if i do try that bolt thing ill probably break the pad E2.gif . anyone know of a screw hole filler that is made especially for filling stripped screw holes?
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i can think of is to drill out the remaining threads, and then re-thread with a thicker diameter hole with a tap and die

then get larger screws to hold it down
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slvrshdw wrote:
the only thing i can think of is to drill out the remaining threads, and then re-thread with a thicker diameter hole with a tap and die

then get larger screws to hold it down

but wouldnt those strip too eventually, or am i not understanding right, if they wouldnt strip how would i start doing this cause im not too familiar with drilling holes
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
Conquistador, do this and use lock washers if you have a drill. You'll need to pick up some special counter-sinking drill bits for it if you don't have any, but this is by far the most long-lasting method you can use.
Conquistador
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what purpose would a lock washer serve?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquistador wrote:
what purpose would a lock washer serve?
'cause, if you don't have a lock washer, then the screws will come loose every other song, unless you have it too tight, in which case you won't be able to play because your screws will be too tight.

Lock nuts work fine too.

But without a lock washer or lock nut, it will be hell.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: