Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Strange multi platform softpad issue.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkatscan
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Strange multi platform softpad issue. Reply with quote

Hi all, forum n00b here, 1st post E1.gif
I searched for this problem and didnt find anything, and plus my problem manifests itself on DDR HP for the wii. I guess the game is so new issues have not cropped up (yet)

I have the RO softpad for ps2/xbox/PC and it performs flawlessly for me. No lag, no sticking.
I bought a React professional softpad for ps2/xbox/gamecube as the RO one doesnt do gamecube, and I read that the RO adapter causes lag, and wacks out all the buttons.

When I plug into the wii, it seems as if the up/down arrows are stuck. If I unplug it and select all my options and plug it back in before the songs starts, it operates fine, no sticking, no lag.
I tried taking the foam out, I tried smoothing it, nothing helps.
Now to test if it was the pad I plugged it into the ps2. The above problem doesnt happen on the ps2, but the lag is horrible. The RO pad has no such issue on the PS2.

sadly I gave away the bundled pad to a co worker, thinking I would not need it. frust.gif But I am thinking it's the pad thats the problem, not my system.

I know from what I have read that I should just get a hardpad. laugh.gif
Bul alas, I live in apartment with no place to store it when not in use, they are pretty expensive, and I am not a DDR master or anything (more a plays for fun and excersize type player)

What are your opinions? I'd like to know what you think of this pad overall, is there a better option available? Or is the adapter as bad as I have read?
I would like to enjoy this game ASAP.

Thanks all in advance for any help!
View users profile Send private message
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a different softpad.

my friend's got one of those if it's the one i'm thinking of. and the buttons stuck on his xbox too. It is the pad. they just aren't that good.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
djkatscan
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. E7.gif

I exchanged the pad for another, also a React(thats the only brand best buy carries that is gamecube compatible, and I wanted my employee discount), and it does the same thing. I also read a new review on bestbuy.com that another person experienced the same issue with this brand of dance pad.

So, React brand will not work with the Wii. frown.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: