Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

North American Field Test of DrumManiav4 and GuitarFreaksv4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyBum: Windeu took some pics and vids along with Grand Prix mode.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. Link to them if they get uploaded/encoded anywhere.
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there later today. Hopefully someone will bring a camera, or I'm taking a lot of pics.
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no one brought a cam, so I was stuck with a cell phone camera.

Just a note for anyone that cares:
-Hazard mode was taken out
-Half Dark was added; you can see the target lines, lane lines, but that's it.
-The Speed Mod code no longer works; it's now replaced by the Play Style Menu. If you hit bass x 2 (or G-G for GF), it'll automatically bring up the Play Style Menu...kinda handy.

We found battle mode to be insanely fun, so there's a good amount of pics of that, and some Grand Prix.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Battle mode is basically a mode where you can battle someone overseas in Japan or Asia, and you actually go head-to-head in real-time. That means, you see when they miss and how well they do while you're playing. You can battle based on Perfects, Combo, or a balance of both (Normal Battle). You then pick a song and they pick a song, neither know what songs are chosen until the VS screen. Winners are based on the final score, depending on what battle you chose. You get to play two battles (total four songs), regardless of whether or not you won.

If you win a battle, you get to "conquer" a region and move to another one. You can also unlock new songs and stuff (friend got Fly High, I got Summer Sun).

Grand Prix mode replaces Nonstop mode, in which you get to first choose which "Cup" or competition you want to compete in. Each competition will generally have a stipulation and a set of songs you are allowed to do. Some will only let you enter if you meet certain requirements first (like xx amount of GP points).

You can also just do ROCKxROCK Cup, which is a general pick-a-song and play four songs, thankfully not nonstop. You can earn GP points and still get new scores at the same time. There are no stipulations to ROCKxROCK Cup.

The best part of the GP mode is that 1, it's not nonstop; it plays just like a regular Standard Mode game, 2, you get 4 songs, and 3, no more "no recovery" Nonstop bar.

Problem is, you CANNOT select GP mode on a session game, a 2 player GF game, and if you do not have an e-amuse card; e-amuse is required to play GP mode.

I apologize that the picture quality sucks, my cell is either hit or miss.

The extra stages. They're all INCREDIBLY fun. Zigzag Life is typically Jimmy Weckl tricky.

A pic of DM.

Default sort 1; this is the first songs you'll see when you start the game. Obviously, you'll notice in the US loc-test, it's a lot of American songs...but that's not all of them (obviously).

Default sort 2.

Choosing a song in the ROCKxROCK Cup on Grand Prix mode.

Someone playing the Rookie Cup on Grand Prix mode.

Same song, different angle.

Battle mode: song selection.

The VS screen; I realized after I chose the song that I chose a really popular song and I'd get my butt handed to me...and I did.

And the results of the butt-whooping. First round results. I didn't fare any better on the second round.

The warning screen when you first play battle mode. Look ma! English!

Battle mode: in-game. It's entertaining to watch because if the losing person is down by a certain margin, it says "INFERIOR" next to your icon and "SUPERIOR" in gold letters next to the winning player. Of course you can still catch up and turn the tables.

I was kind of entertained by this guy's title.

http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/10-02-07_2332.3gp
Winning a battle...unfortunately my phone cut off the part where it shows what region he beat, and the song he unlocked because he won.

http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/10-02-07_2322.3gp
Another battle mode movie: we were entertained by this guy's title. Yeah, I'm so immature.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really miss the old school US licenses (particularly Power of Love), and Depend On Me album version.

Also this is really throwing me off because I could play 70s-80s on DM5, and since everything is rerated I'm only playing 50s-60s. Harsh.

One more thing, just wondering if Secret Notes are still around in GF? (probably not)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret notes have been gone since GF4. They stopped adding/counting those, which kinda sucks, but oh well.

Yeah the rating system constantly changes, kinda like Pop 'n; some songs keep getting bumped down in difficulty (I think Agnus Dei went from something like a 91 to a 87 for example). The only thing that doesn't change is Day Dream and Least 100 Sec. on EXT.
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ GH/RB vs. GFDM:

To GH/RB Fanboys: Don't go knocking GFDM just because it has 2 less guitar buttons, they were what made GH/RB popular. Never forget.

To GFDM Fanboys: Don't go knocking GH/RB just because they jumped on the bandwagon and made the Guitar game popular, GH/RB is great.

GH/RB:
+Easy-to-use interface
+American and therefore more popular (with the general target audience) music
+Great quality controllers (guitar and drums)
+5 buttons on controller which provides a slightly more realistic guitar experience
-Needs more Japanese stuff and Bemani songs (Only in my opinion, not the target audience's)

GFDM:
+Easier, maybe, with 3 buttons
+Great drum layout
-Not too good controller quality
-Kind of difficult to understand interface
-Crappy song selection for American target audience

Also, for the record, I've played GFDM for a while and have only recently (2 months ago) gotten into GH/RB.

Debate over kthx.
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who asked your opinion?

AceJay wrote:

GH/RB:
+Easy-to-use interface

I can't see how up and down and hitting start is any harder really.

Quote:

Actually, they're cheaper and pick is much easier to break. It's a damn switch. I've seen GH controllers wear down WAY faster than the CS GF controllers. But if we're talking about this topic, the AC GF controller is FAR better. The only complaint for those GH players is that there's no "click" since GF uses an optical sensor, but, meh, you get over it.

Quote:
+5 buttons on controller which provides a slightly more realistic guitar experience

Anyone who plays GF or GH for a "real guitar sim" is fooling themselves.

It's a fcuking game. More buttons doesn't = better or harder.

Quote:
-Needs more Japanese stuff and Bemani songs (Only in my opinion, not the target audience's)

I hope not. GH just needs more (IMO and better) original songs, and needs to push them more.

Quote:

Go play some level 80-90 songs and them come back and say GF is easier.

Quote:

Again, since we're talking about the AC versions, what's wrong with the quality of the controllers?

Quote:

...sure for people who don't understand how to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PLAYING, because it says there plain as day how to scroll through the songlist, how to choose a song, how to change difficulties and how to change your options.

Quote:

True, however did you PLAY the US V4 test? They are most certainly trying.

I hate sounding like I hate GH, as I do feel GH is GH. It's fine in it's own right and as a GAME, it's definitely fun in it's own way. However, it's retarded to see GH and GF comparisons since half the people who make arguments against GF make invalid or obviously uneducated points. The "ripoff" thing is stupid, because it's like saying any side-scrolling platformer is a ripoff of SMB.

If you're going to make an argument, it might help to actually know what it is you're arguing against and for before making your statement.
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka of the Orochi wrote:
AceJay wrote:

GH/RB:
+Easy-to-use interface

I can't see how up and down and hitting start is any harder really.

Not really talking about the controls aspect, but rather what you see onscreen, is kind of intense.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, they're cheaper and pick is much easier to break. It's a damn switch. I've seen GH controllers wear down WAY faster than the CS GF controllers. But if we're talking about this topic, the AC GF controller is FAR better. The only complaint for those GH players is that there's no "click" since GF uses an optical sensor, but, meh, you get over it.

I've never heard of anyone breaking their picks, but what I'm talking about is the opinion in the eyes of the general public/target audience.

Quote:
Quote:

Anyone who plays GF or GH for a "real guitar sim" is fooling themselves.

It's a fcuking game. More buttons doesn't = better or harder.

Again, for the target audience.

Quote:
Quote:

I hope not. GH just needs more (IMO and better) original songs, and needs to push them more.

Agreed kind of. If they did another "Be a Guitar Hero" aznd got something as good as Raw Dog for the first one, what would happen if they were to pick the top 3 instead? Originals!

Quote:
Quote:

Go play some level 80-90 songs and them come back and say GF is easier.

Again, I'm not saying it's easier in all, I'm just saying comparatively, a similarly-rated song would be easier in GF for the general public. This IS labeled a PLUS by the way.

Quote:
Quote:

Again, since we're talking about the AC versions, what's wrong with the quality of the controllers?

While I respect Konami, the choices they made when making a controller that would appeal to the general public were wrong. Yes it's durable, but it's huge.

Quote:
Quote:

...sure for people who don't understand how to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PLAYING, because it says there plain as day how to scroll through the songlist, how to choose a song, how to change difficulties and how to change your options.

Well, unfortunately, some random person walking by the machine would not be likely to read the instructions. Also, again, just talking about the amount of stuff onscreen.

Quote:
Quote:

True, however did you PLAY the US V4 test? They are most certainly trying.

Yes, they are, but still, your average guy trying it out would be like "zomg wtf chinese shiz"[/quote]
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AceJay wrote:
Debate over kthx.

Could we keep it that way, please? I don't think any of us care to see this again.

Baka, has anyone spoken to the Konami reps at the location test to get further details on North American distribution? I've been wondering what the hell Betson has been doing.

Also, more pics/videos if anyone has taken them.
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, Betson's got nothing to do with this, at all. Don't quote me on that though. Even if I knew what Konami was planning, I wouldn't be able to say; I've heard several things about different project, but until they're actually made official, it would be better to wait. Getting people hopes up, just to cancel rather than having them not know at all would make things far easier to deal with later.

I took some more with my cell phone, but I hope to bring in my actual digital camera (I had it, but it was dead...d'oh!). Hopefully these'll tide you over for the meanwhile.

Picture of a GF battle. Sorry my hand twitched, so it's kinda blurry.
You can see how much you're losing/winning by at the bottom left.
Opponent on the right. On top of their icon is their e-Amuse name, on top of that is their title (the opponent's is "The Reason of the Encounter," which you can earn in Battle mode if both people use the same or similar songs), and above the title is the region they're from.
D1 indicates what level songs they get to choose from (D3 is the lowest, S1 is the highest).
"NORMAL" battle (under the two character icons) indicates a balanced battle between combo and perfects.

After you choose your song, you wait for your opponent to pick their song. This is the waiting screen:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/battlescreen.3gp

Here's some examples of how in-game battle looks:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/gfbattle1.3gp
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/gfbattle2.3gp
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/gfbattle3.3gp

Example of a battle won:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/gfbattlewin1.3gp

Example of a post-battle class up:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/gfbattlewin2.3gp

Enough of battle mode.

Grand Prix mode:

This is on the title screen, it shows which GP's are available.

Mode selecting GP:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/modeselect.3gp

Choosing through the different GP's.
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/grandprix.3gp

Here's a better look at what the screen says and offers:

After one stage in the Purple GP Cup:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/grandprix2.3gp

After the last stage in the Purple GP Cup and final results screen:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/grandprix3.3gp

Other misc. videos and pics-

e-Amuse:
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/eamuse.3gp

The intro (the first gets cut off, the second is the DM intro, but finishes it).
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/intro1.3gp
http://mydjsobad.bemanistyle.com/baka/v4test/intro2.3gp

Version build and available stuff (If DM or GF is available for sessioning, it'll also have a Session OK icon):

The e-Amuse slot:

HTP. In English.

The machines.

Top local song (overall top song is TERRA's "Revolution", it shows up later in the demo)

Next time I go up, I'll have some better quality photos and videos.
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, it's now Rush Level 6. Any difference from Level 5?
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a seizure of happy when I read this, I almost never have those. I'm kinda sad though, these are never anywhere near me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome To The ZHO! wrote:

Guitar Freaks 6/DrumMania 5 Extra/Encores are available at Extra Stage, that's all that means.

You can unlock a new sequence chart for Children's Sketchbook too if you pass it on Encore.
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka of the Orochi wrote:
Welcome To The ZHO! wrote:

Guitar Freaks 6/DrumMania 5 Extra/Encores are available at Extra Stage, that's all that means.

You can unlock a new sequence chart for Children's Sketchbook too if you pass it on Encore.
So in other words, Rush Level 7 will have GF 7th/DM 6th Extra/Encore songs avaliable.

& I wanna see the new Children's Sketchbook sequence.
View users profile Send private message
Ry19.com
Basic Member
Basic Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: The Official GF & DM v4 e-Amusement Scoring System! Reply with quote

The Official GF & DM v4 e-Amusement Scoring System!

This site is currently mostly in Japanese but will be translated as more of the Bemani games are available in the North America. Your e-Amusement scores are currently on the server based in Japan so you will be able to view your high scores with the rest of the world’s scores.

This site will be updating so the Japanese market is aware they are in Battle Mode with the United States so there will be more available players. The time difference between Japan and the United States is, 14 hours. So if it’s 10:00pm here CST it’s 12:00 pm JST.

Also, the Maniac Player will available on Standby on October 14 & 15 from 19:00 – 22:00 from Japan to Battle against the American Players!!

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/gfdm/gfdmv4/

-ryan