Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Really weird problems with dance mat, maybe I can get help?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breakbeatnazi
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Really weird problems with dance mat, maybe I can get help? Reply with quote

So here's the entire situation, to narrow it down and hopefully see if anybody can help me.

I got a TX1000 pad off ebay (don't tell me to get another one, I know it's not the best pad >.>)

Anywho, I brought it in, got it all set up. It works perfectly on the ps2, alright good. But I bought this for stepmania mainly, so I plug it up to my Super Joypad 5 Pro PS2>USB converter....it registers 4 controllers as opposed to one. I try uninstalling the drivers a few times. I plug it in again, and it only registers one pad, good....wait, it's not registering the button presses but the LED's on the pad are working just fine. So then I unplug the mat from the control box and press start/select on the control box...those register on the PC. I try another DDR pad (soft) on the joypad ... works perfectly, along with other PS2 controllers.

I know the pad works, because the LEDs on the pad light up when pressing down on a button, plus I can play it perfectly on the PS2. I know the converter works because I can use other gamepads with it. The metal pad does not register when plugged into the control box, but just the control box itself will register. I'm wondering if the control box is somehow doing something to screw up the button press input when the pad is plugged in?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Note*

Well, with the metal mat plugged in it seems to read a press once in every, around 20 presses depending on which button I'm stepping on... So I guess it's reading it but ... ayrgghhh whatttt, if anybody has an idea please let me know.
View users profile Send private message
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to get another converter... its not giving enough power to the pad..
breakbeatnazi
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh that makes sense... Could you suggest a certain kind I should get that would definitely power this thing?
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm trio linker plus (not plus 2) or ems usb2
breakbeatnazi
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh fixed :] I just unplugged all the unnecessary LEDs under the arrows now it works perfect. Thanks for the insight, I would've been lost.

*Noob*
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol np... glad to help
destructo-bot
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, there any lag with that TX1000 of yours? I got one of those off of eBay myself, also for Stepmania, but mostly I've just been stomping around on that piece of crap with my PS2 DDR games upon discovering it was, in fact, a piece of crap. Should I try it out with an adaptor? Or just wait 'til I get my Blueshark?
View users profile Send private message Send email
breakbeatnazi
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, surprisingly, no lag at all. It does pretty good game wise, I can get through songs with minimal greats, the only problem is that it definitely feels very cheap. I hate how plastic-y and bendy the arrows feel under my feet (I play in socks), but hey, for $70 shipped I can't complain at all :] Especially for my first metal pad. I'll work my way up when I have a budget.
destructo-bot
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breakbeatnazi wrote:
Actually, surprisingly, no lag at all. It does pretty good game wise, I can get through songs with minimal greats, the only problem is that it definitely feels very cheap. I hate how plastic-y and bendy the arrows feel under my feet (I play in socks), but hey, for $70 shipped I can't complain at all :] Especially for my first metal pad. I'll work my way up when I have a budget.

Wow, sounds good. My story's pretty much the same, 'cept I'm a loser who spent $100 shipped on mine. Eck.

I'll get the adaptor first, then. My blueshark can wait a bit longer... actually, a lot longer... I'm kinda broke right now. -_-;

I wonder if it works with the EMS USB2 adaptor, though. That was the one I was going to get. I'll check around for reviews on that.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it recognises 4 controllers is because the converter has 4 controllers in it: one for each slot.

If I were given this situation, my first suspicion would be that it was either on the wrong setting or you were looking at the wrong gamepad.

But it sounds like the problem's solved, so I guess not.

The tx1000's I got on ebay worked with slight lag with my EMS USB2 converter.

Afterburners lag like crazy with it though.
destructo-bot
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu(SMC) wrote:

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that it wouldn't work with that pad... but a slight lag... I dunno, it's really no big deal. A few more weeks and I can get my Blueshark. E7.gif
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

destructo-bot wrote:
DancingTofu(SMC) wrote:

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that it wouldn't work with that pad... but a slight lag... I dunno, it's really no big deal. A few more weeks and I can get my Blueshark. E7.gif
Well, the ones I got weren't actual TX's; just look-alikes, but I'm pretty sure the wiring and coding devices are identical. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of global offset. biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: