Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Tx 1000

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrewzz
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Tx 1000 Reply with quote

Now this isnt another one of those MY tx 1000 is broken threads, This is a my tx 1000 is PROBABLY going to break.

Im about to purchase two of these dance pads, because in reality I dont have many other options, you can read what ive gone through so far here
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127675

Everywhere I've read on these forums say that its gonna break,
But a few mention that it would be okay if I did some modifications but there are no modification guides or possible modifications listed for this model:S

Can anyone suggest some mods I can do

*Rembering that I CANT BUILD MY OWN PAD, and I cant pay the 1 and a half thousand dollars its gonna cost me to get two CF/Blueshark's to Austraia, Im 16 and not the child of some crazy oil tycoon! ) disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look for a Blade instead of the normal TX, you shouldn't really need a mod. Mine lasted me for over a year. I weigh about 230 lb and I played almost everyday, ITG and Stepmania. The arrows cracked after about 6 months but just because of a friend that stomps, I never cracked them even playing ITG. If I would have thought about how comfortable I was with the Blade I probably would have just bought another instead of the Flux. The build of the pad is overall softer. It cushioned impact really well and stopped my legs from hurting much.

And with any pad, you can just build a base to stop the base of the pad from cracking. The Blade's base may have cracked a little, I don't know for sure because I didn't want to peel the foam off the bottom. The metal frame started getting a little screwy. With any pad with loose arrows (not screwed down) and a metal frame there is a chance that your metal frame can get pushed outward. In the case of the Blade, it was riveted in, I guess, and it started to drift outward. I had this happen with the pad before. It seems to happen near the bottom, so I guess that's the area of the most impact, I don't know. But either way, you build an extra base you can stop the pad from cracking.You just get a piece of plywood and add edges. It's fairly simple.

Chris Green wrote:
The base is really easy to build. It does add quite a bit of weight to the already heavy CF platforms. I used a 4' x 8' sheet of either 5/8" plywood or 3/4". It might only be 1/2", I forget. The thicker the better for strength, but the thicker the plywood, the heavier it will be. My double pad is easily over 200 pounds. It is difficult to move. I put furniture sliders (Home Depot) underneath to help move it. I also put some along the side so that it can be slid once it's upright. Where it is now, it won't be moved very often anymore.

I trimmed down the 4'x8' plywood to leave 3" or so around the CF pads. Then I just bought some wood trim from Home Depot to use as an outline/border. Put the CF pad on the plywood, then cut the trim and placed it all around. Then you can mark where you need to cut. Try to keep it all as tight as possible. I left a gap for the cords on each side. The pads are removable although I never take them out. It's just spray painted black. I didn't bother painting the bottom as it's not seen. Don't over-think the design; it's just a plywood base with some trim around the edge.

Interchange CF with whatever pad you're using and disregard the size things a little bit, since he's building for a doubles set.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrewzz
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks, so would I just need to have a peice of some wood underneath?

Or a piece underneath with side skirting to stop the frame from moving?
View users profile Send private message
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anybody has a working link you could do the CF mod
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous360 wrote:
if anybody has a working link you could do the CF mod

Thats what that text I quoted was. Unless you're talking about the cheap buttocks CF Box towel mod.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol didnt notice
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you all may mean the sheet metal mod?

and if so, i posted a link around here somewhere

or ask SMC, he said he put to it on his site

even if thats not what you mean, its a good mod for tx's
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenchi, I believe this is a base mod being discussed, while the popularly known sheet metal mod is a sensor mod.

I don't have either on my site, but if anyone knows of any truly reliable ones, I'd be happy to put them there.

Anyway, the CF's "non-sliding base" is designed not to slide on Wood or Tile. The TX's base is completely different and slides on everything except sandpaper. I'd recommend removing the foam and cheap plywood base, then getting a 4'x4'x1/4" piece of fir plywood and a 4'x4'x1/2" piece of fir plywood, cutting the 1/2" to fit the outer perimeter of the pad, and the 1/4" to fit the inner perimeter of the pad, flip the pad upside-down, put the 1/4" one in, put the 1/2" one on top, then drill them down along the edges and in the middle using 1.125" drywall screws. Then, if you have carpet, attach a large velcro pad to each corner. It won't slide any more and the base won't crack.

I'm not sure what facilities in Australia sell plywood.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: