Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Will this foam pad work?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zohar0
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Will this foam pad work? Reply with quote

I have the cheapest DDR pad and when I play anything on difficult I can't do my best without the pad moving from one side of the room to the other E10.gif. I was thinking of getting the foam pad, with the 1' or whatever insert, are those much better than the soft crappy ones?

I looked around stores on the net and found some for 80$ then on ebay I found one for 15 or so when shipping is like 10, is it worth to get one of those? Will it work much better?

[/url]http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Playstation-2-FOAM-Dance-Revolution-Pad-PS2-DDR-Mat_W0QQitemZ320151247705QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11319QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem[url]

That is the pad, just wondering if it will be like the 80$ ones because my soft pad is a piece of garbage lol

thankyou.
View users profile Send private message
AJAX the Insomniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the one I have. (I have two)

The surface rips easily, but that's nothing a little electric tape can't fix. Even after it ripped, it still worked as it did before.

This pad will not register every step. That is the downside of having a soft mat.

They are ok for me. (I'm not a perfectionist so I don't really care about my score; as long as I pass.)
But I can't compare it to any other soft mats because these are the only ones I have.

I was able to get an A on vertex expert on these pads (after it ripped) and they still work fine after a month.

The only problem (besides the ripping) is that the actual plug that goes into my ps2 came off. It still connects without a problem, but the part with the little arrow came off and I now I see the wires. (Electrical tape is your friend!)
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
zohar0
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the comment, I don't know if I want a pad that occasionally rips and is crap quality. I'm just thinking but if that pad is 30$ with shipping I can get one for 40$ with shipping, I don't know if theirs is better/worse but I think it might be better quality.
http://www.ddrgame.com/nepsdaredeig.html
Any good?

Edit: They also have the same pad but version 4.0 which

Quote:
The Version 4.0 dance pad features the Super-Sensitive-No-More-Delay technology, which boosts the pad's responsiveness when you step on the pad, combined with eight super sensitive directional buttons and arcade sized circuitry, it will help you get the best score in the game.

The Version 4.0 dance pad includes one-inch foam inserts, which will eliminate stress from your feet, and let you play Dance Dance Revolution in comfort for hours. Therefore, the Dance Dance Revolution Version 4.0 Super Deluxe Pad is the DDR dance pad that you should definitely get!

For 10 more $ is it worth getting that?
AJAX the Insomniac
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk what version I have... I got mine from gamestop along with itg ps2.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
zohar0
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay thanks very much sir. Anyone else know alot about the different versions and the one from the site and the one from ebay?
HumanBeing
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your experience may vary but I had a pad that looked very similar to that. (Same look but slightly darker in color).

All I can say is it missed arrows from the start and now it is only useful if I want to watch the song selection wheel scroll randomly. (Weeeeee)

You are better off with one of the flimsy kind of pads than that. At least the flimsy pads accurately register hits (if it's the kind from Konami anyway). Even with the added annoyance of the extra sliding, it is much better than that.

So, save your money and get a $20 flimsy-type pad instead.:-P

Now if you want a good foam pad, get the RedOctane Ignition. It's about $60 to $100 depending when and where you buy it. At the RedOctane website, they are $80 at time of this post.
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonononononononono.

get a BNS DX Fusion or Sparkle. Best pads you can get for under $100. i have 2 of them now(my new one just came today) and my old one has lost little to no sensitivity after a year of heavy play. after shipping, they cost about $72, and they're AMAZING!!! they hook up to PS2, Xbox, or PC at default. AMAZING!!!!! o not to mention BNS's shipping is amazing, i ordered my new one on thursday and i came home from school to find it sitting on my doorstep. yay.

http://www.buynshop.com/category/4985/

also comes with an amazing engrish instruction manual.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions like this should go in the sticky, but listen to jpoppyz anyway.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 RedOctane Ignition 3.0's, and 2 BNS DX Sparkles. Here's are the pro and cons of both pads:

RedOctane Ignition:

+ Decently sensitive, on par with BNS
+ Arrows are raised at a good height
+ Comfortable to use
+ Pretty firm foam insert
- Surface rips easily
- Hands on ITG require a little more force than usual
- Foam under the arrows (not the foam insert) tends to bend inward after extended play

BNS Sparkle:

+ Pretty sensitive
+ Feels really good on your feet
+ Surface doesn't rip easily, even though the material on this pad is much softer than the Ignition
+ Has a pretty firm foam insert, much like RedOctane
- Arrows aren't very raised
- Doesn't always work correctly with PS2
- Not as widely available as RedOctane pads

I recommend both of them.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...Ignition 3.0's are complete shit.

If you flat-foot you're going to have many problems with it. I can't even pass 11's on it due to the massive pad crap that you get. I haven't played on a BNS pad so I can't really suggest it, but do not get an Ignition 3.0.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I flat foot on it and don't have many problems at all. Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know.
Kalek
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flatfoot on mine just fine...

its a modded ignition 2.0 (broke after like two months, put in new [stronger] foam between the arrow contacts and it works like a charm)
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: